14 - "afraid of confrontation"

Reality

"Guys I literally fucked up so hard," Blair whined as he ran up to Mason, Corey, and Liam at school the next day.

"What? Why?" Mason wondered.

Blair looked to Liam who was giving him a pity smile. "I told Nolan I like him last night and he didn't reply and when I tried to walk up to him this morning he ran away. I think I totally ruined things."

"Well," Corey said, searching for something optimistic to say as usual. "Maybe he likes you too and now he's panicking because he doesn't know what to do."

Blair gave Corey a crooked smile for the effort. "Thanks, Core. But I don't think that's it."

"No, that makes sense!" Mason exclaimed, a dorky smile spreading across his face. "If he's as anxious as you think he is, maybe he's just afraid of confrontation."

"So what do I do?" Blair asked.

"Well, if he's really that anxious, you can't do anything to force him into talking to you, that might just make things worse," Corey said.

Liam put a hand on Blair's arm and gave him a caring look with his icey eyes. "Just give it some time, Blair bear. It'll all work out eventually."

Blair smiled at his best friend before pulling him into a tight hug that he'd been waiting to give Liam since last night when he apologized. Then, he moved on to Corey and Mason to hug them as well.

"Thanks guys," Blair said before walking away and going to his locker.

***

poor blair :( but the next couple chapters are gonna be good ones!

xo jj