17 - "you're a good kisser"

Reality

"Dad," Blair said as he knocked on the door of his fathers office. "Is it okay if my friend comes over for a few hours?"

"I don't know, B. It's a school night," his dad pointed out as he typed on his laptop while simultaneously looking up at his son through his glasses.

"He's bringing pizza," Blair said, hopeful.

His dad exhaled and shrugged his shoulder. "School night schmool night," he said and waved his son off.

Blair giggled and considered this a success before skipping off to his room. He quickly changed his sweatpants to black jeans and threw a red hoodie over his Nirvana shirt.

As he finished making himself look presentable, he heard his doorbell ring. Quickly, he ran downstairs and opened the door to reveal Nolans cute freckled face, a pizza box in one hand and a bag of different sodas in the other.

"Come in!" Blair said, moving out of the way so Nolan could step inside and slip off his shoes. "Kitchen is straight ahead and to the right."

Nolan nodded and set the pizza on the marble counter, setting the drinks beside them.

Blair's father came down the stairs and walked into the kitchen. "Hey, guys."

"Dad, this is Nolan Holloway. Nolan, this is my dad."

My dad stuck out his hand and Nolan awkwardly shook it, his face going beet red. "H-Hi, sir."

"Just call me Dan. I get called sir enough at work." After standing awkwardly for a few moments, Blair realized what his father was waiting for.

"You get two pieces," he advised his father. "Choose wisely."

After his dad picked his slices and went back to his office, Blair and Nolan took the box and bottles of soda up to his room.

Blair could tell the taller boy was impressed by his room. There were posters of Lana Del Rey, Panic! at the Disco, Halsey, Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Troye Sivan, Melanie Martinez, Fall Out Boy, Marina and the Diamonds, and more. His bed had a giant black and grey plaid duvet to match the dark tone of his room.

"Your room is nice," Nolan complimented.

"Thanks!" Blair said and plopped down on the ground after closing his door, Nolan following him to the ground.

The two boys dug into the pizza and opened up their own bottles of soda. Sweet Ophelia by Zella Day played in the background and they both hummed along. They made small talk as well but enjoyed the silence as well.

"Can I ask you something, Blair?" Nolan wondered.

Blair nodded, slightly worried about what the question would be.

Nolan sighed and put his crust back into the pizza box. "Why do you like me?"

"Because you're nice. You're cute. You have a good taste in music. You're funny." Nolan seemed unsatisfied with that answer. "What makes you ask that?"

"I hurt your best friend last year. I also tried to kill the rest of your friends as well. I wouldn't like me," he said, ashamed.

"You were scared and didn't know what else to do. It's okay, Nolan. Everyone forgives you. You just have to forgive yourself," Blair said.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Nolan smiled and looked down to the ground. "Why do you do that?" Blair thought aloud.

"Do what?" Nolan questioned.

"Look at the ground whenever you smile. I want to see you smile," Blair said, causing Nolan to blush.

"Blair, you're cute," Nolan said in a way like he was having trouble articulating the words.

Immediately, Blair's heart started thumping fast. Was this him admitting he's gay? Admitting that he has a crush on Blair?

"Thank you," Blair said, not knowing what else to say. "You're really cute too."

"Blair I-I think I... l-like you." Nolan looked to the ground again but Blair quickly grabbed his chin and pushed it up.

"Why were you so scared to tell me that?" Blair asked with a heartwarming smile on his face.

"I-I don't know," Nolan admitted. "I guess I was afraid of how you'd react. But then you told me you like me and I panicked even more. I-I've known I was gay for basically my whole life but I've never liked a boy. At least n-not as much as I like you."

Blair quickly leaned in and pressed a kiss against Nolans soft lips. It was quick and passionless but it was so worth it. When the two boys pulled back, both of them were completely beet red.

"Are we gonna start dating?" Nolan asked before scrunching his eyes and ripping his chin away from Blair's grip. "That was totally stupid and awkward to say. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Blair said with a giggle. "I'd love to be your boyfriend if you want to be mine."

Nolan noddd his head slowly but surely. "I do. Want to be your boyfriend."

"Good. Then from now on I am your boyfriend." Blair booped Nolans nose, causing the other boy to giggle like a little boy and look away.

"C-can I kiss you?" Nolan asked, turning his head back to Blair.

"You don't have to ask," Blair said before leaning in and kissing his boyfriend once again.

Nolan exhaled, fulfilled. "You're a good kisser. I think. I've never kissed anyone."

"You're a good kisser too. For your first time anyway," Blair teased, playfully grabbing Nolans nose with his index and middle fingers.

***

today was an awful day i'm just really really upset (i made a total fool out of myself in front of a boy i like and i'm stressed about university) but you guys are giving this book so much love so here's a triple update❤️

xo jj