38 - "the tree"

Reality

"Hey babe," Nolan said as he approached Blair the next day. After another day of recovering and going out to lunch with his boyfriend, Blair decided it was time to go back to school. "Liam and the others are in the cafeteria. Wanna go sit?"

Blair stood up from the ground, shoving his math work in his backpack. "Uh, no not today. Wanna go out back and sit beneath the tree again?"

Nolan seemed confused at first and scratched his light brown hair before nodding. "Yeah sure."

The two walked hand in hand to the tree and sat down, resting their backs against the trunk. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Blair lied.

"Why didn't you wanna sit with the others?" Nolan wondered.

"No reason. Just felt like hanging out with my babyboy for a period," Blair said and kissed the other boys hand.

"Okay." Nolan was still confused but didn't question it too much because he liked being alone with Blair. "Blair can I tell you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" Blair asked as he unwrapped a sandwich.

"I don't want you to think I was lying but... I have a brother." Nolan braced himself for a bad reaction but despite the confusion Blair felt, he wasn't angry.

"Really? Why have you never told me?"

"Well, I never thought of it I guess and... well, that sounds terrible but it's the truth. But I figured if you ever come to my house you're going to have to know that before coming," Nolan rambled.

"That's really cool. If I'm being honest, I actually have a brother too."

"You do?!" Nolan exclaimed.

Blair nodded. "He moved out after my mom died and I haven't talked to him much since. He was a good big brother but I understand why he left. He was really close to our mom because he lived with her while I lived with my dad. He still writes to me and my dad every now and then."

"Oh, Blair I'm sorry." Nolan looked like he felt really bad.

"Don't worry about it! Tell me about your brother," Blair insisted, not liking it when his boyfriend was sad.

"Well, his name is Noah, he's four years old, he's the sweetest little boy you'll ever meet, and I love him a lot more than most people love their little siblings," he explained.

Blair couldn't help but giggle at how excited the beautiful boy in front of him was getting about his brother. "So when can I meet him?"

"Oh," Nolan said and suddenly seemed really shy, his fingers tapping rapidly against his leg, which was shaking. "Uhhh, you can come over whenever you'd like. My mom w-wants to meet you and-"

Blair interrupted him by grabbing his hand so his fingers would stop tapping. "Don't be so nervous. I'll come over when and only when you're ready."

Nolan took a deep breath and nodded with a smile.

"Okay, Blair."