33 - "old feelings"

Reality

"Knock knock," Scott said as he walked into Blair's bedroom, a thermos in his hand and Malia following close behind.

"Hey," Blair said in a groggy morning voice.

"Hope you like chicken noodle," Malia said as she sat on the edge of his bed.

"Definitely." Blair took the thermos and spoon from Scott and opened it up, letting the steam rise. "Thank you so much guys."

"No problem," Scott said and rubbed his friends leg from over the covers. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling a little bit better but... can I ask you guys for advice?"

"Of course, Blair," Scott said with a warm smile.

"You can ask us anything, Blair." Malia crossed her legs and flipped her wavy brown hair. "Actually, if it's about sex I'm gonna have to opt out of this one."

Blair giggled and ate a spoonful of soup. "Don't worry," he said when he swallowed. "It's not about sex. It's about Liam."

"What about the little baby beta?" Scott joked.

"Today he... he didn't even let Nolan try to help me. He just dragged me around like a rag doll like some overprotective boyfriend before Nolan could even ask if I was okay," he explained. "It's more than him just being a good friend. He can't act like he's my boyfriend now that I have one."

"Blair," Scott said sternly. "You do realize that you're one of the most important people in Liam's life right?"

"Well, yeah. We're best friends."

"No," Malia said quickly. "You hold a huge place in Liam's heart. You're more important to him than me, Scott, even Mason. He loves you, Blair. Maybe not romantically but if it were possible to have a mate that isn't romantic I'd say you'd be his."

"Woah. How do you guys know this and I don't?" Blair laughed to ease the tension and thoughts going around in his mind.

"Actually we have an answer to that," Scott said. "One time last year, it was a full moon and we didn't let you come. We went to Lydia's beach house and Liam was wolfing out really bad. Almost as bad as when I first bit him. We couldn't figure out any way to help him calm down. We tried to make him think of Hayden but it wouldn't work. So Stiles kneeled in front of him and told him to think of you. It's the only thing that worked."

Blair felt like he was going to burst into tears on the spot. "Can I tell you guys something?"

"Of course." Malia grabbed ahold of his hand when she noticed the tears welling in his eyes.

"I used to have the biggest crush on Liam. I used to cry every night because I knew he was never going to like me back. And hearing all this is breaking my heart because it's bringing up old feelings."

"What about Nolan?" Scott asked.

"I like Nolan a lot. He's a great boyfriend and I want to hug and kiss him for hours and hours. But Liam was my first real crush. I don't know if I'll ever get over that," Blair explained.

Malia ran her thumb over top of Blair's hand comfortingly. "Nobody ever really gets over stuff like that. I love Scott but I can't pretend like Stiles wasn't my first love. And Scott knows and accepts that. Nolan will too. He's perfect for you, Blair. You're perfect for each other."

At this point, Blair was full-on crying, setting the thermos on his dresser. "I need to see Nolan." He attempted standing up, but Scott and Malia both kept him down.

"You have to stay in bed, you're not well. You can talk to him tomorrow," Scott said. "You should sleep. You don't look so good. Malia, there is some medicine in the cabinet in the bathroom. Grab whatever helps with sleep."

Malia nodded and ran into the bathroom, returning with two pills and a glass of water. "Here you go."

Blair swallowed the pills with a gulp of water. "Thank you. I love you guys."

"We love you too," Scott said and kissed Blair's forehead, Malia doing the same afterward.

"Get some sleep," Malia insisted.

***

wow this chapter was emotional af😂

xo jj