27 - "that was close"

Reality

"Ahem," Blair's dad cleared his throat, making the two boys wake from a dead sleep on the couch in Blair's living area room.

Immediately, Nolan's eyes shot open and he fell straight onto the floor face first.

Blair sat up quickly and looked at his dad. "Hi! Uh... I guess Nolan and I just fell asleep."

"Certainly seems that way." His dad had an amused smirk on his face. "Nolan? You can get up, I won't bite."

The freckled boy picked himself up from the floor with cheeks as red as a tomato. "H-hi, Dan."

"Hey, Nolan. Are your parents expecting you home?" Dan questioned.

Nolan slowly nodded. "Yeah, probably. I should get going."

"I'll walk you out," Blair said and jumped up from the couch, grabbing his boyfriends hand and dragging him out to the front porch. "I am so sorry about that. I didn't mean to fall asleep as well."

"It's okay," Nolan said. "I like your dad. He's nice. I really should get going, though. See you tomorrow." He kissed Blair's cheek and headed down the driveway to walk home.

Blair stroked his cheek and smiled at how adorable his boyfriend was.

***

Melissa put a plate of cookies on the dining room table as Blair took a sip of his water.

Currently, he was sitting with Scott and Malia.

"So, how has school been?" Malia wondered as she took a cookie and bit into it.

"It's okay. Math sucks as usual but what else is new," Blair explained as he reached for a cookie and took a bite out of it, chewing it slowly.

Scott bit into one as well and his eyes bulged out of his head. "Blair! Spit it out!"

Immediately, he knew what Scott meant and spit every piece into a napkin beside him.

Melissa rushed back in the room with a concerned look on her face. "What's wrong?!"

"Mom," Scott said as he rushed to Blair's side. "He's allergic to nuts."

"It's okay! I'm okay," Blair insisted and took a drink of water.

"Do you need your epi pen or something?" Malia asked and Blair shook his head. "Sorry, I forgot you're allergic."

"No, I'm sorry, I should have known." Blair felt a pain in his chest when he saw Melissa's guilt.

"Don't worry about it! I should be more careful," Blair insisted.

Melissa patted his shoulder and walked back into the kitchen.

"Well that was close."

***

i wanna thank you guys so much for all the love you're giving this story, i really need all the love i can get because it's been a hard few weeks/months, i have to think about university and boys suck and i've just been unhappy recently but writing this book and seeing all your wonderful comments make me feel so much better!

ily all💞

xo jj