48 - "cloud 9"

Reality

Nolan rang the doorbell of Blair's house the next day and saw his boyfriend whip the door open, a huge smile plastered across his face.

"Hey!" he said enthusiastically, seeming sort of dazed.

"Hey," Nolan said and planted a kiss on his boyfriend lips before walking inside the familiar house. Immediately, he could smell something a little off in the house.

"I'm watching Teen Titans and I forgot how funny this show was," Blair said with a giggle before going into the living room and jumping on the big leather couch.

Nolan warily walked over to the couch and sat next to Blair before making the connection. "Are you high right now?"

"Maybe..." Blair trailed off.

"Blair are you crazy?! You just smoke in your house?!" Nolan exclaimed.

"Nobody's gonna come arrest me or something Nolan," Blair said.

"I can't believe you actually just smoke weed."

"Do you wanna try it?"

"That's so reckless and- wait what?! Why would I try it?!" Nolan said, his eyebrows furrowed in pure confusion.

"Well weed helps people chill out," Blair explained. "You could use it."

"My boyfriend is insane," Nolan said and put his face in his hands.

"Take my hand," Blair said as he stood up, extending his arm.

Nolan reluctantly does as he's told and is dragged upstairs by Blair. "Just try it," Blair insisted as they reached his bedroom. "If you totally hate it you never have to do it again. Okay?"

"Blair, I really don't know," Nolan said with a shaky voice.

"It'll help you relax. We can take a nap together and I guarantee it will be the best nap of your life." Blair wiggles his eyebrows as he grabbed a miniature bong from his windowsill.

"Okay. But this is the only time I'm doing it," Nolan warned.

"Okay, okay," Blair said with a giggle.

After preparing the bong, he put it up to Nolan mouth. "Inhale when I tell you," Blair instructed and began sparking his lighter on the weed. "Inhale."

Nolan did as he was told and let the smoke fill his lungs. "Hold it for a couple seconds and then exhale."

The golden-haired boy tried his best to hold it but ended up coughing up all the smoke and making a disgusted face. "Jesus, Blair. How do you do that?"

Blair laughed at how adorably inexperienced his boyfriend was. "Do it again. Try holding it a little longer."

After inhaling once more, Nolan was able to hold it in for a good 3 seconds before letting it out and coughing again. "Only a couple more, okay?" Blair said and held the bong out again.

Nolan rolled his eyes and groaned but decided to just give in.

After 2 more tokes, Nolan pulled away and blew smoke out, still coughing.

"So," Blair said. "How do you feel."

And in that moment, Nolan felt like he was on cloud 9.