46 - "calm down"

Reality

"Nolan will you please stop re-setting the table," Gwen told her stressed out son.

"It needs to be perfect, Mom." Nolan finally set the bowl of spaghetti in the middle of the table right as the doorbell rang.

"Oh my God," Nolan said breathlessly. "He's here. It's only five fifty-eight, what is he thinking?!"

"Nolan, you really need to calm down." Gwen began walking toward the door but Nolan quickly ran in front of his mother and beat her to opening the door.

"Blair! Hi!" Nolan greeted.

"Hey," Blair said with a smirk, immediately sensing how nervous his boyfriend was. The two boys hugged and Nolan refrained from kissing the shorter boy in front of his mother.

"Hi, Blair. I'm Gwen," the brunette woman with a kind smile said and shook the boys hand.

"Hey Gwen," Blair said casually. "It's nice to meet you."

Just then, a little ball of energy came running down the stairs faster than the speed of light. Before Blair knew it, a little boy was clung to his waist. "I'm Noah," the boy said as he detached himself from Blair.

"Hi, Noah!" Blair said as he crouched down slightly.

"Noah, you can't just hug people without asking them," Nolan said in an older brother tone.

"Sorry," Noah said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it," Blair said and placed his hand on Noah's shoulder. "It's really nice to meet you."

"What do you say we get started on dinner?" Gwen suggested. "Hope you like spaghetti!"

"Absolutely," Blair said and grabbed ahold of Nolan's hand as they went to the dinner table.

****

"And that is how I got that scar," Blair said after a weird ass story, brought upon by Gwen asking him where the scar on his arm came from.

"Interesting," Gwen said, clearly amused by the story.

Everyone at the table had finished their food and were now just talking. If it weren't for Blair holding his hand, Nolan would be losing his mind.

"So what are you thinking about going to school for, Blair?" Gwen wondered.

"I think I want to go to university for writing. But I'm not sure. I'll have to figure that out before applications next year, though," Blair explained.

"Nice. Writing could be fun. Nolan's going to go to a musical arts school," Gwen said proudly.

"Mom," Nolan whined. "I'm not going to be a singer when I'm older. It's not realistic."

"Why not?" Blair said. "If you put your mind to something, you can do anything. I think you can do it."

"Nolan is a super good singer!" Noah said excitedly.

"Thank you, Noah." Nolan smiled.

"You boys can go up to your room, Nolan. Keep the door open," Gwen said with a stern look.

"Yes, mom," Nolan groaned and went upstairs with Blair.

"Your mom is super nice," Blair said as they walked into Nolan's room.

It was a spacious area with a queen sized bed, a TV on the wall, a window that the sun shines through. It felt a lot more plain than Blair's but it was still a nice room.

"Why don't you want to go to school for music?" Blair wondered as he set his hands on his hips.

"Because I know me getting famous is a long shot. I'm not that great of a singer. My mom only thinks I can get a career because she's my mom and she has to believe in me," Nolan said.

"Don't think that way," Blair said, putting a hand on his boyfriends shoulder. "I think you'd do amazing things."

"I need to think realistically, Blair." Nolan looked down to his feet, clearly upset.

"I think it's realistic. I'll even be your first groupie," Blair joked.

Nolan giggled. "Can I have a hug?" he asked.

"You don't have to ask," Blair said and pulled him into a big hug.