42 - "i have a bit of a surprise"

Reality

"Hey, B," Blair's dad greeted his son as he got home from work.

Blair just returned from hanging out with Scott, Malia, Stiles, Lydia, Kira, Mason, Corey, and Liam. Nolan said he wanted to talk to his mom about something so he couldn't come.

"Hey," Blair responded.

"I have a bit of a surprise for you," Dan said, causing Blair to look up from the homework he was doing at the coffee table in his living room. "I just picked someone up from the train station."

Dan moved out of the way and in walked Addison, Blair's brother that he hasn't seen in 2 years. After his jaw dropped, the pint-sized boy hopped up to his feet and hugged his brother tightly.

"Why are you here?!" Blair practically yelled.

"I was bored out in San Francisco so I decided to come stay with you guys for a while!" Addison said happily.

Blair never once let go of his brother for at least 5 minutes before finally separating from him, Dan already upstairs putting his older son's luggage in the guest room, Addison's old room.

"So what's new, little bro?" Addison ruffled the smaller boys hair. "I haven't written in a while because I've been so busy. I wanna know everything."

The two of them headed upstairs to the room where Dan set Addison's bags. "I'm super tired so I'm gonna head to bed but we'll have dinner tomorrow night, just the three of us."

"Sounds great, Dad," Addison said with a smile.

After Dan left, Blair and Addison sat on the bed. "Alright, give me all the details about your life recently."

"Well not much has changed. Still have the same friends. All my friends that graduated last year are visiting for the week. I'm still short as hell. I still suck at math."

"Any chicks? Wild parties? I want the juicy details, bro." Addison rubbed his palms together mischievously.

"Well, actually... I have a boyfriend. His name's Nolan." Blair braced himself, not sure of his older brother's reaction.

"Awesome! Tell me about him," Addison said happily, running his hand through his jet black hair.

As much as Blair and Addison looked similar in facial features, not much else looked similar. Addison was much taller, had darker hair, and was a lot more outgoing. But Blair never felt jealous of his older sibling.

"Well, he's the same age. We've been dating for almost a month now. He's super cute and shy and nice and funny without intentionally being funny and... well, he's just awesome," Blair rambled, blushing when he realized.

Addison laughed. "Aww my little bro is finally dating someone. It's probably a good thing you're gay. Girls can be a nightmare sometimes."

"Did something happen with a girl?" Blair wondered.

"A couple months ago my girlfriend dumped me. No biggie, though. I got over it."

Blair nodded. "Well, the right one is out there somewhere."

"I'm sure that's right. Alright, how about we go to bed and catch up completely tomorrow. And I'll drive you to school in the morning and maybe you can introduce me to Nolan?" he asked.

After thinking about it, Blair decided there was no harm. He'd just have to ask Nolan first if he wouldn't be too uncomfortable and have a total anxiety attack.

"Sure. I'll see you in the morning."

***

okay, i'm going to add the cast for nolan and blair's brothers so you can refer back to the very first chapter if you want a faceclaim :)

xo jj