Scissors Prt. 2

Warnings: Panic Attack, self-hatred, self-deprecation, and somewhat ooc?

Ship(s): Platonic Moxiety

Patton felt hot tears roll down his cheeks and he started to sob, burying his head in his hands. He couldn't believe what he'd done. Virgil had been hurting, and instead of trying to help him like an actual friend would have, Patton yelled at him like a little kid and pushed him away! He needed to fix this. With a new found determination, Patton wiped his tears away and ran up the stairs, his expression hard. He was not going to mess this up again.

When he reached Virgil's room Patton didn't want to knock He was frozen with fear. Patton knew it was just Virgil's room that was affecting him, that it was probably heightened after what happened downstairs and it couldn't really hurt him, but he was still so scared. What if Virgil hated him? What if he never wanted to talk to him again? What if he was ducking out again?

Oh God, not that again, please not that again please no please no please no please, no please no-

"Patton? Patton, hey, it's okay. Breathe for me, alright?" Patton's head was spinning and he felt like he couldn't breathe. His lungs were clogged and tight, and the voice wasn't helping him. All it did was send him further into panic. His throat was sore and he realized that he was screaming, shaking, and tears were running down his cheeks. Someone touched him and he flinched away wildly, collapsing on the carpeted floor and sobbing.

Virgil stared down at Patton with panic, not knowing what to do. He was having a panic attack, he knew it, but why? And how was he supposed to help? He couldn't touch him or even come anywhere near him without Patton screaming his head off.

"Pat, can you look at me please?" Virgil whispered. Patton was whimpering and was still shaking badly, but he managed to look up at Virgil with his tear filled eyes.

"Yeah, good job, dad, good job, It's okay, alright? You just need to breathe, and then you'll be okay," Virgil said quietly, hesitantly placing a hand on Patton's shoulder and helping him sit up. The other man hiccuped softly and not only sat up but leaned heavily against Virgil, burying his face in the crook of his neck and wrapping his arms around his waist.

"I-I'm sorry Virgil, I came up here t-to talk about what happened downstairs, but your room...it made me....Virgil, what's going on with you?" Patton asked, voice hoarse from his screaming, and he looked at Virgil with observant eyes. Virgil swallowed back the lump in his throat. Great, so this was all his fault.

"I just...it's not like last time, right? When you ducked out? I k-know that was my fault and I should've watched out for you better, but please don't shut me out again. Please tell me what I did this time," Patton pleaded, clutching the front of Virgil's sweat shirt and looking up at him with grief-filled eyes. Virgil stared back in shock and horror.

"You...You think this is your fault? Pat, why would you-?!"

"I'm supposed to know when you're upset, that's why! I am literally Thomas' heart, his deepest emotions, including his bad ones! I feel what the rest of you feel! I knew someone was upset but I didn't know who, and now this happened! You felt awful today and instead of trying to help, I yelled at you!" Patton cried, cutting Virgil off. The dark trait's eyes softened.

"Oh...Pat, don't think like that, this isn't your fault," Virgil murmured, pulling the normally bubbly man closer to him and letting him cry into his shirt. "There was no way you could have known, then and now. I'm good at hiding things. You can't blame yourself for everything bad that happens to any of us emotionally," Virgil added on, tilting the dad's head upwards so he looked into his eyes.

"N-Not true. I'm supposed to take care of you, that's my job!" Patton said, frustration beginning to accompany the sadness in his tone. Virgil shook his head and hugged Patton tight.

"Even you need a break sometimes, okay? Please, Dad, I care about you. All of us care about you, and we want you to be safe and happy. I'm going through some things, yes, but it's not because of you. Thomas and I have to sort them out together," Virgil muttered into Patton's hair. Virgil heard the man in his arms chuckled and he sighed, relieved.

"If you say so, kiddo..."

"I do say so. Now come on, it's late. You need to go to bed," Virgil said, making Pat giggle.

"You sound like me."

"Well...like father, like son, am I right?"