Wanted

Fandom(s): Sanders Sides, YouTube, Thomas Sanders

Warnings: Self-deprecation and self-hate, and food mention

Ship(s): Platonic Analogical

When they were together, they felt wanted.

Each side had a role, a part to play, no matter how small or insignificant they felt it was. Logan, Roman, Patton, and Virgil all knew that they belonged. It took some time, and they obviously doubted their position at times, but they all knew they were wanted. Logan...Logan was struggling with that, and events of the recent videos certainly hadn't helped him feel any better. Tonight was no exception.

At first, Logan hadn't wanted to go. He had work to do, and doing something as silly as just 'hanging out' in the common room with the others to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Sanders Sides internet debut seemed absolutely ridiculous, but Patton's puppy-dog eyes and pouty lips had dragged him into a 'fun-filled' evening. There was food, drinks, and movies all laid out on the coffee table. The others were dressed in their normal outfits except for Patton, who chose to wear his cat onesie instead. Logan couldn't help but smile.

"Ah, finally! You're here! We were going to begin the festivities without you!" Roman said with a happy chortle, slinging an arm around Logan and pulling him to the couch. Logan's mouth twitched in slight irritation at the royal side's antics, but he decided that he would tolerate them, at least for tonight. he didn't want to ruin anyone's joy, after all. In fact, it would probably be best if he left. Logan glanced around, but there was no real way to to get out. He'd have to make his escape later.

"Hey, guys! Can you believe it's been a year already?" Thomas said cheerfully as he made his entrance into the mindscape. Patton squealed and hugged their host tightly, and Logan swallowed hard. Thomas laughed, his eyes sparkling, and took a glass of sparkling apple cider from the table (Patton had insisted on no alcohol).

"The past year has been really crazy, filled with challenges and arguing and...yeah, lots of stuff, but here we are! You guys have helped me reach so many people! To a successful one year!" Thomas cheered, raising his glass. Patton quickly took one from the table and clinked it against Thomas' glass before downing all of the cider in one gulp. Roman and Virgil both managed a laugh, but Logan could only smile weakly. He didn't help accomplish anything. He hadn't inspired anyone. He was just there, and an extra character to be used for people's enjoyment. Unloved and unappreciated, Logan had gone through the year watching the others rise to popularity among Thomas' fans and he...he was just the smart guy with glasses that talked too much.

"You good, Logan?" Virgil asked, glancing at the logical side out of the corner of his eye. Logan realized he'd been restlessly running his fingers through his hair, hands trembling, and he quickly let go, giving Virgil a reassuring smile.

"I'm alright Virgil, just finding it a bit difficult to...let go of stress, I suppose," Logan said slowly. The dark side nodded and hummed softly in agreement.

"Yeah, I got you. I don't really feel like I should be here anyway," Virgil admitted. "I didn't show up until December. People didn't even know I existed until then. I-I...I shouldn't be here," he continued with a sigh. Logan blinked, surprised, and quickly shook his head to clear his thought.

"Today may not be your day, but we want you here. You've contributed greatly to this little show Thomas has come up with. It wouldn't be the same without you," Logan replied. Virgil huffed and pulled up his hood, rolling his eyes, but Logan caught a hint of a smile on the other man's lips.

"Thanks, you too. This would all be totally lame if you weren't here," Virgil answered, chuckling softly.

"Logan, Virgil, come here! We're gonna watch Big Hero Six!" Patton called. Logan perked up at the mention of hi favorite Disney movie, and had to hold back a laugh as Virgil pulled him over to the couch. He settled down, hesitating for a moment before resting his head on Virgil's shoulder, sighing deeply with content.