The Last Cup

Inspired by lunarezim's college au on tumblr and instagram

Warnings: Fighting, swearing, food mention (tell me if I miss any)

Ship(s): Platonic Emile/Remy

Emile was finally on break. After a long day of teaching college students, making sure his sons weren't late to class, and stopping Damari from spray painting some vulgarities on the wall, the poor college professor really needed coffee. Like, as in if he didn't get coffee would probably die, and that wouldn't be good because he still had to catch up on the new seasons of Voltron and Trollhunters before writing his lesson for tomorrow. Taking the "World's Cheesiest Dad" mug that Logan and Roman had bought him for father's day a few years ago, he made his way into the break room, moving sluggishly. He huffed when he saw Remy Rakip already at the coffee machine and waited behind him impatiently, fidgeting and grumpy.

"Oh, did you want coffee too?" Remy asked, smirking at the exhausted professor and looking at him over the top of his sunglasses. Emile nodded.

"Yes, so please hurry up, I have another class in about ten minutes," Emile grumbled, uncharacteristically grouchy as he clutched the coffee mug in his arms. Remy pretended to think as he filled up his own coffee mug, a smirk still on his lips.

"Well sorry dear, but I got the last of it. Have a nice day~," Remy giggled with mock sweetness, wiggling his fingers and sipping on the coffee as he went to leave the break room. He let out a startled yelp as he was yanked backwards by his jacket, nearly falling on his butt. He looked up to see Emile Picani looming over him, eyes glinting dangerously.

"Give me the fucking coffee," Emile said lowly. Remy smirked and shook his head. Emile growled and tried to grab the coffee mug out of the other college professor's grip, but Remy quickly ducked underneath him, keeping the coffee from spilling some how and dashing once again towards the door. Emile tackled him to the ground angrily grabbing at the coffee mug the Rey held high above his head. The two professors looked like young children as they wrestled for the coffee filled mug, both of them in severe need of caffeine and neither willing to give up. Eventually though, the two men burst into laughter as the coffee was finally knocked from Remy's grip and spilled all over the floor. Remy shoved Emile off of him, laughing hysterically. Emile was grinning too, honestly having fun and marveling in how ridiculous all this was when the sound of shattering glass alerted both of their attention. Emile's mug had fallen from his grip as his tackled Remy and the handle had snapped off, lying in two shards directly next to the slightly cracked mug. Emile stared at the mug blankly, the smile immediately gone from his face.

"Shit," Remy muttered, picking up the mug and broken handle. Thankfully, none of the cracks were serious and the handle had broken off cleanly, so he could fix it easily. He smiled at Emile, who just stared back blankly. "Don't worry, I can fix this. Wanna head over to my classroom?" Remy offered, holding out a hand. Pushing the hand away, Emile stood up and brushed off his dress pants, following Remy to his classroom. When they arrived, Remy plopped down at his desk and pulled out a bottle of super glue. One could never be too prepared.

"That better work, the boys will be so upset if the mug is broken," Emile said with a sigh, running a hand through his hair and tugging gently at his sweater vest. Remy smiled as he began to glue the mug back together.

"Aw, you have kids? What're their names?" Remy asked. Emile visibly brightened up as the opportunity to gush about his wonderful adoptive sons came into light.

"Logan and Roman. They're both adopted, but I absolutely adore them!" Emile said, his eyes sparkling the same way they would if he was talking about his favorite cartoons. Remy chuckled and listened as Emile rambled on and on about his sons, who were both going to college where they worked and, surprisingly, the one named Logan was taking a few of his classes. When Remy fixed the mug he handed it to Emile, who took it gratefully.

"Sorry about the mug and the coffee. I'll bring you in Starbucks tomorrow," Remy said. Emile tried to protest but the man shook his head, adjusting his sunglasses. "No buts! We're coffee buddies now, I'm getting you Starbucks!" Emile rolled his eyes and smiled at him.

"Thanks, Rakip. I'll make it up to you, I swear," Emile said, looking down at the mug and then back at Remy, smiling. Remy nodded.

"Dinner at your house?" he suggested with a wink. Emile raised an eyebrow but tilted his head, thinking.

"Is Friday okay? That's lasagna night, and I make a pretty mean lasagna," Emile offered, puffing out is chest slightly as he mentioned his superior cooking skills.

"It's a date," Remy teased, giving Emile finger guns before shooing him out of the classroom as his students began pouring in. Dr. Picani chuckled and shook his head as he made his way to his own classroom. He could sense an interesting friendship developing, all because they fought over the last cup of coffee.