Operation Make Pat Happy

Patton was sad. Virgil knew it, Roman knew it, even Logan knew it. Despite telling his boyfriends that he would try to open up to them more and be honest about his feelings, Patton continued to bottle up his emotions and pretend to be all rainbows-and-sunshine, even when he wasn't. The kitchen was stacked to the ceiling with plates and plates of chocolate cookies, tissues were scattered in the hallways and doorway of Patton's bedroom, and the bubbly persona hadn't cracked a single dad joke in weeks. They needed a plan, and they needed it fast.

"What does Patton do for us when we're sad?" Roman hummed to himself, tapping his chin and thinking hard. Virgil and Roman exchanged a glance.

"Bake cookies? No, he does that when he's sad...." Roman's voice trailed off as he glanced at the kitchen with a grimace. He quickly shook his head to clear his thoughts before looking at Logan and Virgil with sad eyes. "Breakfast for dinner...? Movies? Hot chocolate?" Roman continued, listing off ideas.

"A combination of all three?" Logan offered, adjusting his glasses nervously. Roman clapped excitedly and Virgil groaned, looking up at the ceiling as if to say, 'God, save me now.'

"Well, what are we waiting for? Operation Make Pat Happy Again is underway!" Roman declared.

Meanwhile, Patton laid curled up in his bed, surrounded by tissues, stuffed animals, and the dog Roman had conjured up for him in the latest video (which he'd named Logan Jr.) sniffling softly as tears cascaded down his face. Sometimes, he hated feelings. He hated being able to feel things. He wished he was as calm and collected as Logan, or as daring and confident as Roman, or as strong and enduring as Virgil. The thought of his loves just made Patton cry harder, and he buried his face in his pillow. They all probably hated him. They would be so much more happy, so much more compatible with one another if he wasn't in the picture. Logan Jr. whimpered, nuzzling his little black nose against Patton's cheek and spreading tiny licks over his face. Patton giggled softly and pet Logan Jr., his smile fading quickly.

"At least you love me, right Lo-Lo? At...At least...someone does..." Patton's face thudded back into the pillow and he let out a shaky sigh. He glanced at the clock and groaned when he saw that it read 6pm. He had to get up and make dinner. The others couldn't cook to save their lives. Patton almost smiled at the thought of Logan or Roman trying to cook. Virgil was a bit too reasonable to try without his help. Patton sat up with a sigh and was about to get up and go to the door when he heard a loud knock.

Blinking in surprise, Patton said (making his voice as cheerful as possible), "Who is it?"

"It's me, my love. May I come in?" Patton's heart nearly stopped in his chest as he heard Logan's voice, oddly sweet-sounding, through the door. He let out a choked sound of affirmation and Logan slowly opened the door, poking his head in to see his boyfriend. His eyes saddened as he saw the state Patton was in and he quickly made his way to the bed, cupping Patton's face in his hands and pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"You've been crying again...I wish you would tell us what's the matter," Logan said quietly, closing his eyes and stroking Patton's cheek, pressing the foreheads together. Patton hiccuped and shook his head, cracking a smile.

"I-It's stupid, don't worry about it. Did the others tell you what they want for dinner? Is that why you're up here? So....Sorry, I wasn't down there, I was just about to-" Patton was cut off as Logan pressed a finger to his lips, smiling gently.

"Enough of that, now. Tonight is all about you. We'll take care of everything, I promise," Logan said softly, pressing a few sweet kisses to Patton's tear-stained face before scooping him up in his arms. Patton squeaked and wrapped his arms around Logan's neck, burying his face in his shoulders. He trembled slightly, trying not to cry, trying not to think that this was all a trick and the loves of his life were going to tell him they didn't want him in the relationship anymore or that-

"Virgil, Roman, is everything ready?" Logan called, standing at the bottom of the stairs. Patton looked up wearily, and his eyes widened slightly. This was it, wasn't it? It was over. It was all over. They were sick of him. Sick of his feelings. Patton started to cry again and Logan turned his head to give Patton a gentle kiss. The emotional trait blinked at the sudden show of affection and suddenly felt himself being taken out of Logan's arms and placed into another's. Roman shifted Patton in his arms slightly before walking into the living room and setting him on the couch, where Virgil was waiting with a warm mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, just the way Patton liked it.

"Hey baby," Virgil murmured, wrapping an arm around Patton's waist and handing him his hot cocoa, nuzzling into his hair and tenderly running his fingers through it. Patton bit his lip, feeling a sob bubbling up in his chest as he shifted closer to his sweetheart. His eyes flickered over to Logan, who was busying himself with pulling out every cute, fluffy movie they possessed, while Roman set down a platter of pancakes, charred bacon, and runny eggs on the table.

"It's...it's not great, but you haven't really been yourself lately, and we just wanted to do something to cheer you up. We're sorry if it's insufficient," Roman said, awkwardly scratching the back of his head and looking anywhere but at his two lovers. Patton smiled and leaned forward, taking a piece of bacon that wasn't completely black and biting into it. The loud crunch made Logan grimace and twitch, but Patton smiled brightly all the same, and this time it was genuine.

"I love it....the fact that you did this all, for me, I...thank you," Patton managed to choke out, and (curse emotions) he began to sniffle and cry again. Logan and Roman immediately abandoned their tasks to join Patton and Virgil on the couch, situating themselves so the Patton was lying across each of their laps, his head resting in Virgil's. Roman held one of his hands tightly and Logan, who was sitting next to Virgil, squeezed Patton's shoulder.

"We would do anything to make you happy, sweetheart. Is there anything else you need before we start the movie?" Virgil asked, carding his fingers through Patton's hair and occasionally wiping away the tears that still trickled down his cheeks.

"Mhm," Patton muttered, sitting up and kissing Virgil deeply. Virgil grinned into the kiss and returned it eagerly, relishing in Patton's loving touch. Logan and Roman each got a kiss as well, both of them just as passionate and loving as Virgil's had been. Patton let out a sigh of content and settled back down into their laps, smiling as his amazing darlings continued to pamper him and shower him with affection during the many movies that played. Patton had fallen fast asleep by about the fourth movie, and Roman, Logan, and Virgil all looked down at his sleeping form, smiling at him fondly, not wanting to move and disturb him.

"Looks like we'll be sleeping down here tonight," Logan said with a sigh. Roman and Virgil both laid their heads on his shoulders, getting as comfortable as they could.

"I don't mind. Do you guys?" Roman asked, his voice slurring a bit with sleep. Logan smiled and kissed his cheek, and Virgil snorted.

"Not at all. Goodnight, guys," Virgil said, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Virgil."