Cat Videos

Warnings: Teeny-tiny itty-bitty angst at the beginning, then extreme fluff and cuteness

Ship(s): Platonic Moxiety

Patton sniffled, pushing past Logan and quickly going up the stairs. He hated fighting with the other side; those arguments were impossible to end unless you just walked out of them. Virgil watched from the couch as Patton went up the stairs, hunched over wrapping his arms around himself tightly. Logan huffed and plopped down on the couch next to Roman, adjusting his tie accordingly.

"That idiot, trying to tell me what to do. He should know that I know best!" Logan groaned, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. Roman blinked in surprise and Virgil glared at him with disgust.

"You're a moron," Virgil hissed, smacking Logan in the back of the head and getting to his feet. Shoving his hands deep into the pockets of his black hoodie, Virgil cursed under his breath and stomped up the stairs to Patton's room. Logan could be a real stuck-up jerk, sometimes. Virgil looked through the crack in Patton's door and found him crying silently on the bed, looking down at his hands and letting tears drop down on his lap.

"Dad?" Virgil murmured quietly, opening the door and going in. Patton jumped and quickly wiped his eyes, turning to Virgil and giving him a big smile.

"Hey, kiddo! What's-?"

"Nope, not of that 'happy-go-lucky' act. It's not going to work on me this time," Virgil said firmly, sitting down next to Patton on the bed. The smile immediately wiped off of Patton's face and he sighed, leaning against Virgil's shoulder and letting himself cry again.

"Hey, none of that now. You know what'll make you feel better?" Virgil said, kissing Patton's cheek and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Patton shook his head and looked up at Virgil, confused and excited. Virgil pulled out his phone and quickly went to the "Cheer Up Dad" playlist he'd made after finding out about a few of Patton's guilty pleasures.

"Look, Dad. Aren't these cats cute?" Virgil cooed, handing Patton the phone and gently running his fingers through his hair. Patton's mouth twitched into a smile and he snuggled closer to Virgil, holding the phone in one hand and taking Virgil's free hand in the other, squeezing his fingers tightly. Patton made a soft sound of content as he watched the cute, clumsy little kittens be their adorable selves.

"Feel better?" Virgil asked, smiling as Patton giggled softly to himself. Patton nodded and set the phone down for a moment to tackle Virgil in a hug.

"Thanks, kiddo, you're the best!" Patton said, grinning, that familiar cheerfulness back in his tone. Virgil laughed and hugged him back, glad that he was able to make the other man happy. The two got into a more comfortable position on the bed and turned the cat videos back on, arms wrapped around each other and Patton resting his head against Virgil's shoulder.