7. Jefferson

The day that classes started was a day that Thomas was looking forward to and also dreading at the same time. He wanted to get out of the dorm and interact with people that weren't his constantly bickering sisters or his extremely annoying dormmate. He could have gone out to meet different people, but that would make for awkward conversation and randomly approaching someone. Neither of those things seemed very appealing to him at all. 

He didn't exactly expect anything all that special, but apparently, his sisters had completely different plans. Thomas woke up to his phone ringing and Jane's calm and collected voice being ruled out by Mary's excited one. They both insisted on walking Thomas to his very first college class ever. 

"Did you get an alright rest?" Jane asked as they walked across the campus. 

"Oh yeah, it was great," Thomas groaned sarcastically.  

"Oh, jeez. Here comes the insult train," Mary laughed. "Who was it this time? Roommate? Rabbits next door already getting it on?"

"Mary, please, at least attempt to be a good influence with an innocent sense of humor." Jane chided. 

Mary just shrugged and they both looked at Thomas, obviously expecting an answer. 

"No," he said. "it's not any rabbit neighbors, but my roommate, on the other hand? He doesn't know how to go to sleep so he's up all night typing and if he does happen to fall asleep, which apparently is less than an every other day occurrence, he's probably the most restless sleeper I've ever seen. He's always turning and talking and it already drives me insane."

"Ooh, what does he say?" 

"Mary!" Jane glared at her sister from the other side of Thomas. Mary held her hands up defensively.

"What, I'm curious!" 

"I don't know, I usually just put the pillow over my head and try to get some damn sleep. It doesn't work."

"Poor Tommy, so sleep deprived. And it's only his first day of classes! I think you're setting new records here, little brother." Despite him being slightly taller, Mary ruffled her brother's hair. Thomas groaned and un-ruffled his hair, which just ruffled it more. 

"Could we leave my hair out of this?" He groaned. 

"Tommy, my boy, you haven't even done anything real with your hair since you told Janey to stop messing with it because, and I quote," Mary cleared her throat and did her best 'Thomas' impression. "'it's my hair, Jane, I'm old enough to do what I want with it!'" 

"I don't sound like that." 

Mary laughed and kept going with her exaggerated impression. "Oh I really think you do, Tommy. I'd say I am doing a hella good job, wouldn't you say Janey?" Mary put her hands on her head with her fingers sticking out to imitate Thomas's hair. "Ooh look at me, I have hair bigger than this campus, ooh, doodle doodle do, hella hella hella."

"Oh very mature, you can stop now," Thomas grumbled as he crossed his arms.

"Oh very mature, you can stop now," Mary mocked.

"Okay joke's over, knock it off."

Mary repeated him.

"Jane! Tell her to stop!" 

"Jane! Tell him to stop!" 

"Mary I swear--"

"Thomas I swear--"

"Mary still cries while watching Toy Story!" 

"Thomas still cries while watching Toy Story!"

"I do not!"