Life Saver

Epilogue

Alexander slammed the door shut, throwing himself on the dark wooden chair in front to the desk right after. He had a frown on his face, and a pout on his mouth. He looked at the person in front of him, huffing angrily.

"Oh my god just you wait until I tell you about the shit that happened to me today" He complained as he looked straight at Mrs. Livingston, his therapist.

"Good to see you too Alexander"

"Hi, anyways, today I was happily walking on the park, y'know? Using my phone with my headphones, and I was smiling like a complete idiot 'cause I was hearing a voicemail John had sent me and he was being cute and shit like always so I was happy. But then!" His frown intensified. "This freaking old lady comes to me and practically yells "Enough with the machines!" And I'm like "Fuck you I was happy until you decided to show up!" And I left but now I feel guilty for saying that and fuck my life"

Mrs.Livingston looked unamused at Alexander's sudden rant and just smiled at him teasingly, raising one of his thin eyebrows. "Maybe you should listen to the old lady" She said.

"Nooo" Alexander whined, dragging his hands down his face.

"What did the voicemail said?" Kitty changed the subject from the old lady.

Alexander's annoyed face suddenly transformed into a lovesick grin, making Livingstone snort. "He was just telling me that Hercules accidentally chocked while trying to deeptroat a banana but that he's alive, and then he proceeded to remind me that he loves me and that" He sighed dreamily.

The woman was slightly amused at his friend's activities, but she tried to hide it the best she could. "That's nice, Alex. You two are very cute together"

"I know" The boy bragged. "Look at what he gave me the other day!" He squealed, proudly showing her the silver band on his finger with a heart-shaped engravement.

"Is that a proposal ring?" The doctor gasped.

"It's a promise ring!" Alex corrected her with a big toothy grin on his face. Livingston smiled too, now Alexander was so different from that thin scared boy who entered her office almost a year ago. He was fatter (In a good, healthy way), the scars on his arms were just old scars, and he was happy.

"Aw, that's cute!"

"I know" The boy giggled.

"And how's the testosterone treatment going?" Alexander almost leaped out of the slightly uncomfortable chair because of question.

"It's going great!" He said. "Do you– do you notice something different?"

Kitty hummed, trying to figure out what had changed about the boy. "You're growing peach fuzz?"

"I'm growing Peach fuzz!!!" Alex confirmed. "Lafayette is also sending me a new binder from France, its supposed to arrive for my birthday" He said.

"A French binder? Sounds fancy" Alexander laughed at this.

"God, you're a life saver, Mrs.Livingston" Alex told her with a sigh and a smile.

Mrs.Livingston may not know it, but Alexander had meant that quite literally.

Fin.