1. Leaving the pack

Stiles's point of view

We had been in another fight, but as usual, I didn't get to join the pack. Nobody got hurt, but I still felt guilty about not being able to help. I'm a human in a werewolf pack, of course I was useless. I couldn't even protect myself, how could I protect anyone else?

My best friend is Scott McCall, the true alpha. He had always made the right decisions, he had never messed up. So, we were the total opposites. We weren't as close as we used to be anymore, he spent all his time with his girlfriend nowadays. His girlfriend, Allison Argent, was a hunter. She wasn't anything supernatural, but she was very useful for the pack because of her hunting skills. 

I had been in love with Lydia Martin for years, but now she seemed more like a sister to me. She was a banshee and her scream could literally shatter everything. She was still a bit lost with her powers, but she started to get better at everything. She was also really smart and often helped me do research. Her boyfriend was Jackson Whitmore, a kanima. Jackass was a pain in the ass sometimes, but he was a good addition to our abnormal pack.

Malia Tate was the other woman of our pack. She was a werecoyote and she had spent all of her life in the forests. She had a lot of difficulties with being a human, but she was slowly becoming better at not trying to eat me. But her fighting was something that still surprised me. She was so skilled and could beat almost anyone. And well, because Beacon Hills was being Beacon Hills, she was Derek's cousin. What a surprise.

Isaac Lahey was the youngest one in our pack. He had lived in an abusive household and had a lot of problems, but Derek helped him a lot. He was getting better every day and nowadays he was doing almost fine. He sometimes had nightmares, but he managed to control himself. He was really interested on learning how to fight, and we could see that. 

And then, the alpha of our pack, Derek Hale. Even though Scott was the true alpha, he often acted like one of the betas. Derek Hale was the grumpiest person in the whole world, but still, inside the strong cover, he was a soft Der-Bear! Nobody else dared to call him that, scared that he would rip their throats out, but I knew that he would never hurt me. I was pathetic, so he couldn't even hurt me. And I was being even more pathetic than usual because I would lie if I said that I hadn't fallen for the alpha.

I was the weakest one of our pack and I had made up my mind. I had decided to leave the pack in tonight's pack meeting. They wouldn't have to worry about me and protect me all the time, it would be so much easier for them. 

*Time-skip to the pack meeting*

I stepped inside the loft late, as always. The Jeep hadn't been working properly for a while, and it always broke down at the worst times. I sat down on the couch quietly, not wanting to disturb them. My whole heart broke into a million pieces when I looked at them. This would be the last time I saw them and it broke my heart. I really had imagined my whole life with them, but I knew that it would be easier for them if I weren't disturbing them. 

"Stiles, do you have the information about the fairies?" Derek asked. I knew that I was supposed to research for them, but I knew that this would be the only chance to tell my thoughts. I was going to make everything easier for them, but at the same time, I was going to break my heart.

"I don't know anything about the threat and I am sorry. I couldn't find anything useful. But I have something else to say and I hope that you won't disturb me, this is going to be really hard for me. I want you guys to know that I love you with my whole life and I am so thankful that I had the chance to spend these years with you. But as we know, all good things will end in time. I'm not strong enough, I'm not good for the pack. I don't belong here. That being said, I'm leaving the pack, so you guys don't have to watch over me," I said, running outside crying, leaving them for good.