18. Where is Stiles?

Derek's point of view

Stiles fell limb in my arms. This was the moment, we would get our baby girl in our hands soon. It felt exciting and my heart was racing with the fastest Ferraris in the world, but I knew that Stiles' life was in danger and I couldn't think about anything else. I grabbed Stiles and ran to my car with everyone else behind me.

"Deaton! Help! I shouted the second I stopped the car. I was in a full-on panic right now, Stiles was looking paler and paler. Deaton ran outside, knowing why we were there, and soon, Stiles was on the operating table, shouting and crying. Deaton had injected him with something to help with the pain, but Stiles was still suffering. I could feel the pain and I wanted to cry out, but I had to be strong.

"Derek, please protect our princess. Let her know that I will always watch over her and love her from the bottom of my heart" he whispered, tears and pain glistening in his eyes. I felt my heart break completely. 

"Stiles Stilinski, don't you dare on me now! We have been through so much together and this is not going to be the end! I need you, baby please" I cried. The pack was outside, they had decided to give us some privacy, just in case. I hated the phrase. Just in case.

Deaton came back and told me to wait outside for a while. My wolf could really harm Deaton if I saw him hovering over Stiles' open body. I wanted to protest, but I knew that it would only do harm if I stayed. I kissed my mate's forehead, whispering him some comforting words, and walked outside.

I could feel the pain he was in. And even if I couldn't, I would hear it. He was shouting from the bottom of his lungs. I wanted to help but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything but wait. The next two hours were absolutely the worst hours of my life. They felt like years. And then, it stopped.

"Derek, come here! Deaton shouted and I was there in seconds. And suddenly I could feel my heart explode. She was here. My little princess. She was the most beautiful thing in the whole world, she was absolutely perfect. She had bright blue eyes and Stiles' nose. My ears and lips. I hadn't ever seen anything so perfect.

But still, I didn't feel good. I felt like someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. It didn't feel right, I didn't feel happy. I felt like something was missing from me. Then it hit me like a train.

"Deaton, where is Stiles? Where is my mate?" I asked.

And then, my world was completely ruined.

"I'm sorry Derek, he didn't make it. Stiles is dead"