16. Mate bond

Isaac's point of view

The whole pack came to the loft soon. We hadn't found a single clue about Derek's whereabouts. We needed to be with Stiles at the moment, us wandering headlessly in the forests didn't help anyone. We all knew that Stiles was in pain, but we weren't sure if the pain was coming from the baby or the mate bond. We could all smell the panic in him, even though he tried to act calmly. 

Stiles knew that he could also get into labor any minute now and it was getting him even more anxious. He knew, as well as we all did, that he didn't stand a chance to survive if his mate weren't there for him. We couldn't let that happen, we had to get to Derek before it was too late.

Suddenly, Stiles started screaming and shouting in pain. We all ran to him in seconds, but we were too late, he was already passed out. What was happening? I tried to get Stiles to wake up, while Scott called Deaton, the vet. Then Scott grabbed Stiles and started to run to the car. The poor boy's heartbeat was getting slower than it was supposed to be. I had jumped in the car and stepped on the gas. I didn't even notice the red lights we passed on, they didn't matter, we had to be fast.

We drove the 15-minute ride in less than five minutes. I parked the car and then I noticed it. Something was missing. I couldn't hear Stiles' heartbeat anymore. We ran inside and I started shouting for Deaton. He was already running in, injecting something to Stiles' neck. It took just a couple of seconds before I heard the heartbeat again and I released the breath I didn't even notice I was holding. I was full-on crying now.

"What did you do?" Scott asked and Deaton explained it all. He explained that Stiles had passed out because of the mate bond. Derek had hoped and asked Stiles to see where he was and Stiles' body had passed out so he could focus. Derek just didn't realize how risky it would be for Stiles in his condition. The injection would help Stiles' organs to get to work properly and Stiles would be supposed to wake up soon. Please, don't let it be too late, I just begged. If Derek was so desperate that he would ask Stiles to pass out, he really needed our help.

Stiles's point of view (Dream in cursive)

I was walking in a forest when I heard a scream. Derek. I ran there as fast as I could and saw Derek with two women. The other one was young and absolutely stunning. I didn't know who she was, I had seen some pictures but that was all. I had never asked Derek about her, I could sense that it was a really sensitive subject to him. I tried to see the other woman's face, but I just couldn't.

I ran to my mate, trying to free him from the ropes he was hanging from, but my hands just went through. Derek didn't notice me, he was so tired and bloody. He was not dying yet, but he couldn't survive losing more blood.

"So, do you want to know our plan honey?" the younger woman asked. Derek just ignored her totally, not even looking up.

"I really hoped you would have burned alive with your family since you are a pain in the ass. Nowadays, it seems like you are a pain in Stiles'  ass, quite literally. Oh, and there is a baby on the way, I heard about that. Congratulations! Too bad they won't make it alive since we are going to find them and kill them right in front of your eyes" the older one said. Derek just growled, eyes glowing deep red.

"Oh darling, you are so hot like that, all alpha for me," the older one said teasing and kissed Derek. It made my heart sink, seeing someone else's lips on my mates. I knew that it didn't mean anything to Derek and he wasn't kissing back, but it still made my jealous and angry.

"Paige, honey, it is your turn now. I guess I have to leave something to you too, little sister" she said. Paige approached Derek and kissed him. I was getting ever angrier. Nobody else was supposed to touch Derek.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the surroundings. I was at Deaton's office. That meant that all I saw was just in my head. It had to be the mate bond which was causing all this. Derek wanted me to see where he was and I did. I recognized the place the second I saw it.

"Mom, how are you feeling? Are you okay?" Isaac asked. 

"I'm fine pup, just a little dizzy. Derek is under the Nemeton with Kate Argent and her little sister, Paige. Derek has lost a lot of blood but is still alive. We have to hurry" I said, getting up.

"Stiles, are you absolutely sure that Paige was there?" Deaton asked, looking surprised. I just nodded, already heading out when he started talking.

"I don't know how this is possible. Paige was Derek's first love. They dated when Derek was fifteen, but Paige died. The alpha pack bit her and the bite didn't take. Derek became numb for years after she died, he was absolutely heartbroken. She died in Derek's lap and I think Derek still blames himself for not protecting her enough" Deaton explained and I felt like crying. How was this my life? Some stupid first love suddenly came back to life and kissed my mate.

"Well, I couldn't give less about her being alive, since I am going to find her and that is going to be the end of her. And I am going to get my mate home, right now!"