14. Still into you

Derek's point of view

I trusted Isaac with my life, so I knew Stiles would be safe with him. Isaac would rather die than to let Stiles get hurt. So, I left to went looking for the thing that scared my mate and broke our window. I was going to kill the thing.

Nobody was ever going to hurt my mate or our baby princess and I was going to make sure of it. Surely I knew it would be dangerous for Stiles to be my mate, I had spent countless nights awake thinking of every possible danger, but I couldn't live without him. I loved the lousy boy too much. And now we were going to have a little girl and I could never leave them. No matter what happened, I would keep them safe.

I was running in the woods when I heard silent whispering near me. Someone was on their phone, at least it seemed like it. I knew I had heard that voice before, but I just couldn't figure out whose it was. It had surely been years since I heard it, with the werewolf hearing it was hard to forget sounds. I used my wolf hearing to listen to the one the mysterious human was talking to and she sounded way more familiar than the one close to me. She sounded a little bit like Allison, but still, I recognized some differences. I had to get closer and then I saw someone I thought I would never see in my life. 

There she was standing, the woman who died in my years all these years ago. My first love, Paige. For all these years I had thought she was dead. I was sure she had died in my hands, because of me, because of the damn alpha pack that bit her. She didn't take the bite. I blamed myself for her death for years and now, she stood there, alive and breathing.

"Paige?" I said, but it came out as a silent whisper. She still heard me and turned her head to me. 

"Derek? Oh my god, you are alive!" she screamed, jumping in my arms and quickly pushing her lips to mine. She was my first kiss, my first love, but it didn't mean anything now. My wolf was howling in pain, nobody else should even touch me than my mate. So, I pushed her away.

"So, I guess you are not into me anymore, am I right," she asked, looking a bit disappointed.

"You are right. I have a mate nowadays" I answered her.

"Yes, I am aware of that little situation you have going on. But oh dear, there is one small problem here. You see, I am still into you" she said laughing before I heard a loud bang and felt a huge pain in my back.

So sorry about the cliffhanger (again)!