15. Ever again

Stiles's point of view

I was talking with Isaac, just chilling with the pup. He was clearly nervous, as was I, but I tried to act calmly to get him to relax. I was just getting up to get some water for us as I felt a horrible pain in my back and fell to the floor screaming. Isaac ran to me in panic, trying to ask me what was wrong, but I didn't know. It wasn't because of the baby, that was sure. This was something different.

Then it hit me. The pain was coming through our mate bond. And that meant Derek was in pain. I had to get to him, I had to help him. I tried to ignore the pain as much as I could and ran outside, shouting for Derek as if he could hear me. 

"Stiles, calm down, what is happening?" Isaac asked me. I didn't even notice that he had run with me. He was like a son to me, like a pup. I didn't want him to get in danger, but I knew I needed help. I needed to save my mate, the father of my little girl.

"I think Derek is hurt. I think someone has him. Call Scott and everyone else, we have to find him now" I almost shouted and Isaac instantly grabbed his phone and did what I told him to do. The pack had run to me in minutes, all worried and showing their claws. The claws weren't a threat to me, there were meant for the one who had Derek. 

I could sense that they didn't want me to come with them. I knew it meant danger for me and my baby, but I couldn't help it. I knew how much pain Derek was in and I needed to help him. Isaac had ragged me to the house and he chained me to the wall. Really. I knew they were right, but I just wanted to help.

Derek's point of view

I slowly woke up, feeling pain in my back. It took me a couple of seconds before it all came back to me. Paige, my ex-girlfriend who died in my arms was alive and she wanted to get her revenge on me or something. I felt a small relief of her being alive, at least now I knew that I wasn't responsible for another death. But at the moment, she was a threat to me and my mate and I wanted to rip her throat out myself. 

I felt the emotional pain Stiles was feeling. He was so scared and stressed. I really had to get out of here before it would do some damage to my mate and baby. The stress didn't help him at all in his condition. And even though I never would admit out loud, I was scared that I wouldn't get there in time to see my mate alive again. He was close to his due date and he really needed me there. I couldn't let him die, not without saying goodbye and telling how much I loved him and our baby.

My thought got interrupted by the noise the door made when it cracked open. Two women stepped into the room and laughed.