19. Lost another heartbeat

Isaac's point of view

I instantly hurried inside with the pack when we heard Derek's howl. Deep down, we all knew what that sound meant, we just weren't ready to accept it. I wasn't ready to accept that our pack mother, our amazing Stiles, was now dead. His heart had stopped. He was never going to hug me or encourage me again. I couldn't believe it. He had survived the Nogitsune, the alpha pack, and other crazy things and now, he didn't survive. 

Derek was laying on Stiles' body, crying his eyes out, howling. It scared me to see him like this, so vulnerable, so broken. I had never seen him cry. And now he was screaming, crying, shouting, holding his mate as his own life depended on it. 

"Derek, I am so sorry," I said, grabbing his shoulder gently. He didn't move, it was like he didn't even notice us. He was just holding his dear mate, whose skin was even paler than before. His lips were turning blue. Derek didn't care, he just laid there.

"There must be a way to bring him back Deaton. I beg you, I'll do anything. I have to get him back!" he then said. He didn't sound like his normal self, he sounded so broken and desperate. Deaton looked at us and we knew what that look meant. There was something we could do, but we all knew that it wouldn't be a good idea.

"Yes, there is a possibility to get him back, but it is really dangerous. You would have to stop your own heartbeat to go looking for Stiles, trying to get him back. You would have to guide him back to life. It is really dangerous. If you don't succeed, your heart will stop beating for good and you will die too" he explained. Oh no, this wasn't a good idea. But Derek jumped to his feet and we all saw the spark in his eyes.

"How do I do it? How do I stop my heartbeat? Please, Deaton, I am begging you, help me!" he begged. Derek didn't care about the risks, he just needed his mate back. We all knew that he wouldn't change his mind, no matter what we did. We knew that if there was even the slightest chance to get Stiles back, Derek would do it immediately

It didn't too long for Derek and Deaton to get ready. I was next to the bathtub filled with ice, while Derek dropped himself into it. Derek was shaking for a minute before he stopped. We had lost another heartbeat.