9. Everyone out

WARNING!

If panic attacks or stuff like that may trigger you, I can't recommend reading this chapter!

Stiles's point of view

I suddenly heard a gunshot and then, Derek screaming in pain. I immediately ran to my love and tried to stop the bleeding from his body with my bare hands. My father was looking at me, pure anger and disgust in his eyes. Then he just left, without saying a word.

I knew my father wouldn't be happy about our pregnancy. I knew he would be mad. He would be mortified, but still, I never even thought that he could physically hurt Derek, knowing how much it would destroy me.

"Everyone out, now! I can and I will handle this by myself!" I shouted and everyone left the house in seconds. They all knew that I needed to be alone with Derek. He was still lying on the floor in pain.

"Honey, why isn't it healing yet?" I asked worriedly. I was panicking. What if he died? The baby wouldn't have parents at all. She would be an orphan. I didn't want my baby to grow without knowing his biological parents. I knew Der would always tell our princess stories about me and my adventures,  but who would do it if he wasn't alive?

"Dear, don't worry. This will heal, we just need to wait for a moment" he said, clearly trying to sound as calm as possible. He tried to make me calm, but I just couldn't relax. My heart was beating way too fast and I felt like the air was disappearing. Oh, damn it, not now! It didn't take me too long to realize that I was having a panic attack. I used to have them every week when my mother died, but I hadn't had one in ages. Why did I need to have one now, when I needed to help my dear Derek.

Derek noticed that I wasn't now. He had easily heard the increasing heartbeat and uneven breathing.

"Stiles, baby, I need you to breathe. Breath. Baby, hold your breath for a moment" he said but I couldn't. I didn't even realize what he was saying. He was getting more and more anxious, that I could notice.

"I can't! It hurts! I can not do this" I shouted and started to feel dizzy. But then I felt it, Derek's lips on mine. It made me calm down and made me feel safe.

"I knew you've had panic attacks in your past, so I read about them and noticed that sometimes kissing can stop it. You hold your breath when you kiss" Derek said with a small smile in his face.

"Thank you" I smiled. Maybe the kissing worked for both of us because Derek's wound started to heal.