Chapter 3~Hey sweetheart

I stared at Hayden while I blushed and smiled like an idiot. He smiled back at me, causing a weird feeling in my stomach that people usually call 'butterflies'. I stayed staring at his perfect face for at least 2 minutes until my phone started ringing. I sighed and take it out.
"Shit my father." I said. Why was my father calling me at 3am?
I picked the phone up, not really wanting to talk.
"Hey sweetheart? Where are you? Your mother called me cause she says you two argued and you're not home. Are you okay?" Alex said right when I answered the call. I could tell that he was really worried and that made me smile in a really sad way.
"I'm-I'm okay dad... just..." I sighed and started crying "I need you here." I whispered. I felt Hayden putting his arm around my shoulders and hugging me tight.
"Oh Beth love... You know I'd love to be there but I can't." My father sighed. He really didn't like spending so much time on the road and leaving me almost alone. "I promise I'll take you somewhere when this tour is over, okay? Maybe we can go hiking or eat an ice cream or go shopping. I hate hearing you cry love, it breaks my heart" I kept crying. He meant a lot to so many people... I felt selfish wanting him only for myself.
"You don't really have to do that... I don't hate you, I know the constant touring is part of your job. I'm used to it... Don't get me wrong dad but I built a wall around myself and I'm not letting you in that easily. I'm sorry but... you don't even know me" I hung up before he could say another word and I bit my lip.
I was rude, I know but I was angry at him for leaving all the time. It was true that he didn't even know his own daughter and that was a real shame.
I shook my head and Hayden let me go. I kissed his cheek and made my way back home while I dried my tears.
I opened the front door and I wasn't even surprised when I found out that my mother was sleeping.
"You call your husband cause you're worried because your daughter isn't at home and then you go to sleep" I thought.
I quickly went upstairs,changed into my pyjamas again and got in bed to spend all the night awake thinking about how rude I was with my dad.