Chapter 10~Hide, Run

Beth's POV

I could only think of two things in that moment: Running and hiding.

I knew my parents would be worried and I understood why but I just couldn't spend one more minute in my house, watching it fall into really small pieces.

"Where am I going to go?" I mumbled low. I hadn't thought about that. What a stupid girl, you must be thinking. I know I was but don't get me wrong, I had a plan, the question was, am I going to the right place?

It took me a while to get to my destiny. I didn't take a car or used any public transport, I went walking and took a really long route so my parents couldn't see me.

Once I got in front of the wooden door, I nervously knocked. When it opened, a tall man with black hair and beautiful brown eyes was looking at me.
"Beth?" Jack said. "What are you doing here? Your parents are looking for you". And I started crying. Jack pulled me into a tight hug and then let me in. We sat down in the couch of his living room and then started talking.

"What happened Beth?" Jack asked. I could feel a worried hint in his voice.
"Is your wife here?" Jack shook his head. "And Hay...?" He shook his head again. I sighed loud and looked down for a while as I thought how to start the long story I was about to tell.
"You know my mother and my father have a complicated relationship, right?" He nooded, of course. "My father well, they were arguing and my father asked for the divorce and-" I couldn't keep talking. I started crying harder this time and I felt Jack's arm around my waist.
"Beth, I'm sorry you have to go through this but running away isn't the best idea" Jack whispered low in my ear. I just nooded while I tried to stop crying.

I spent at least fifteen minutes crying. When I calmed down, I went upstairs, to Hayden's room. I opened the door and his smell was soon all around me, making me smile. I closed the door behind me and started looking through the things he had there. Books, several vinyls and CDS, guitars, posters...

"People normally ask for an invitation before doing this, you know?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to see Hayden. "You have to be deaf if you didn't hear me opening the door" He sat in his bed. "What's up, what are you doing here?" He asked.

I stared at him, did he really act like if nothing ever happened? Last time I saw him, we kissed and he practically disappeared.
"Excuse me?" I finally said.
"What are you doing in my room? Do I have to be more specific?" He asked. He was being rude, why?
"Oh and you're the one being rude in here. Listen Mr. I'm Too Cool For Staying After A Kiss, you're a jerk and I can't believe you were my best friend, what the hell was wrong with me?" I sighed loud and sit on his table.
"Have you even bothered asking why I left?" I shook my head. "Do you want the answer?" I nooded. He stayed in silence for a while. "It's because... I think I'm starting to fall for you".

_____________________
Kind of a short chapter, I'm sorry. If you have any recommendation of how would you like this story to continue, comment it! I take notes of your ideas!
Also, sorry for publishing once every million years, I have loads of exams and you know, school comes first.