Chapter 8~Divorce

We soon pulled back and I looked into Hayden eye's with a huge smile across my face. In his face a saw surprise and he opened his mouth to talk but stayed in silence for a while, looking for the right words to say.
"Uh shit Beth, I don't... I don't..." He just stood up, walking towards the window, climbed down and left.

1 week later

It's been a week since Hayden and I kissed. I had no idea where he was, I hadn't seen him since the moment he climbed down my window. He didn't reply my texts or my calls. I phoned Jack, his father, and he just said that Hayden was at home and fine but needed time. Time for what? If he didn't like me, he just had to tell me about it, that'd would have avoided all the pain he caused.
My father was home from tour, which was cool somehow. It was nice having him around but he usually made me uncomfortable with his small talks and all the CDs he bought for me.
I was currently in my room, listening to Entertainment as I finished drawing a rose, when someone knocked the door.
"Come in" I say louder than I should have.
Soon, my father came into my room, closed the door again and sat down in my bed. I stopped the music and left my pencil in the table, as I knew he wanted to talk.
"Beth, I know you're worried about Hayden, Jack told me about it" He started. "I want to say again that Hayden is fine, he is working as always and perfectly fine, okay? Don't worry so much about him" His voice was soft and calm. I sighed and sat down next to him.
"I know but... he... he kind of is my only friend and I feel empty and alone without him" I looked up at my dad with a sad smile on my face. Alex put his arm around my waist and I leaned on his shoulder.
"I know he is but he needs space, okay? He told Jack that he needs to be alone for sometime. We don't know why tho" Alex lowered his voice with every word.
"I-I, we... can you keep me a secret?" I looked down as my dad nodded. "I kind of like Hayden. I've always have and we kissed a week ago and then he started needing space and he's not talking to me and-" I starting crying. My father hugged me and I cried into his chest, sobbing louder and more violently with every second.
"Come on Beth, I'm sure this is just a silly thing okay? You'll have him around again really soon. If not, I'll go to the Barakat's and I'll kill him for making my little girl cry" I knew he was smiling and I giggled a bit. I broke the hug and dried the tears off my face.
"Thank you, really. I don't hate you and I don't hate mom I just... I think you and mom have problems but don't talk it out?" I said in a whisper. My father expression soon changed, he looked tense.
"Okay" He kissed my forehead. "Be careful Beth" And with that. He left my room.
I knew something was wrong with both of them and they didn't want to see it but I was suffering.
I sighed, took my headphones, I lied on my bed and let music calm me down. When was Hayden going to come back? What was happening with my parents?
I kept on asking myself the same questions for at least one hour before I fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of an argument.
"Then go fuck Matt if I'm that bad at sex, come on" I heard my father shout. Where they really arguing over my father skills in bed?
"Come on Alex, you're overreacting, I didn't say that" I heard my mom reply. I stood up and walked downstairs but I hid myself behind the kitchen door so I could listen to their conversation.
"You said 'well, Matt is way better than Alex because Alex fucking sucks at it'" My mother sighed loud. "I'm tired of your cheating, Lisa. We have two options: we stop the constant lies and cheats or we get divorced"
Divorced? My heart stopped with that word. They couldn't get divorced.