Chapter 11~Mistakes

Alex's POV

5 days. It had been 5 days since Beth run away. All I knew is that she was fine and still alive, which was something.

I was sit in a wooden chair in a corner of an old bar. It was full of people talking and dancing and there was a couple making out in a corner but I couldn't care less. In my table there was a glass with vodka and lemon and also a notebook. In a situation like mine, people usually tend to stress out. I like to take it easy and write all my thoughts in a notebook. All you could read in the page was:
-The hurting feeling makes it real
-When will you come back?
-Was it my fault?
-I know I'm a failure, come back
-Beth, I love you

I know, vague ideas for a songwriter. What did you expect? I was broken. It hurt more than you can even imagine, the person I loved the most, my own daughter, had run away from me. How are you supposed to keep going when your family is not even a family anymore?

I sighed and took a sip of vodka while I looked around the bar. It was full of strangers but someone caught my eye, a young girl who was crying by herself. She had wavy, long hair and her body looked perfect, at least from the back. I stared at her until I got the guts to sit next to her. I didn't immediately start a conversation, it'd make me a weirdo so I just ordered a beer and stayed in silence while I drank it and wrote down some ideas in the notebook.

When I finished the vodka, I looked at the girl. She seemed to have calmed down but her dark blue eyes, which reminded me of the ocean, were still with tears. Her cheeks were bright pink and she had a few freckles in them as well as in her nose. I couldn't tell her age at that moment but I thought she was at least 21 because she wouldn't be allowed in a bar if she had less than that.
I went to sit next to her and ordered a beer.

"Hey" I simply said. She turned her head and looked at me.
"Hi" she answered.
"I couldn't help to notice that you have been crying for half an hour" She sighed softly. "And I'm just a creepy guy in a bar but maybe I could help you with your problem" I smiled in a confident way.
"Boys are my problem" She replied. "My boyfriend has been cheating on me for 2 years, which is all of the relationship. I'm so sick of guys. By the way my name is Leah"
"Nice name, mine's Alex" I gestured the bar man to give us both of us a beer. "So boys, uh? Your boyfriend sounds like a total idiot. You look young, you still have plenty of time to find someone new" I drank some of my beer and she did the same,leaving silence around us for a couple of seconds.
"I know I do but it hurts" I glanced down for a second and then looked at her again. I could see hurt in her eyes and I felt like we were both hurting but in completely different ways.
"Everything hurts in this life I guess. I like when something hurts, it makes you feel real, you know?" I said without thinking.
"Wow, you sound like a depressed guy" We both laughed softly at this comment. "You seem to understand me as no one does" She got closer to me and rest her hand in my thigh. I instantly looked at her hand and then at her. She was a few inches apart from me and I'm not going to lie, she was hot.
"Uh, I, well..." I glanced at my hand. I had left my wedding ring at home, as I had been doing the past 5 days.

She started leaning closer each second until she closed the gap between our lips. As I was kind of drunk, I followed her game, enjoying the sweet taste of alcohol of her mouth. We made out in the bar for some minutes until she invited me to her house, which I gladly accepted. The making out continued in my car, before driving to her place and the rest of the night was soon history.

Oh Alex, always making the same mistakes.