Chapter 16~Do You Know Each Other?

Waking up next to Liam meant the world to me. Turning around to see his face while he slept and being able to enjoy the peaceful silence surrounding us while stroking his hair with the biggest smile on my face, made my day. He made my day.

Liam and I had been "together" for over three months back then. We were not dating as Liam didn't want to settle just yet. I didn't care, I was happy with the life we were starting together. He drove me to work, he picked me up once my shift had finished, he cooked food for me and then we would either read something or watch a movie and that's what we did every day and it was perfect. I loved our morning fights over how the bed still looked messy after trying to clean our bedroom. Those fights always ended with me hitting him with a pillow and kissing. I loved when he was making breakfast and I would just sit on the kitchen counter and appreciate his perfect naked back with some tattoos.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Liam ask. He then yawned.

"Good morning sleepy head. I thought I was going to be late for work" I pecked his slips and got out of bed. He stayed in bed, looking at me while laying on his back and his arms crossed on his chest. "What?" I took a quick look at him while I tried to find my uniform in the mess of wardrobe I had.

"Can you come back to bed with me?" He almost begged. I looked at him again, considering his question but then I smiled.

"I'm late for work Liam" I finally found my uniform so I turned around. "Sorry babe" I got close to him to kiss him. When I did, he took me by my hips and threw me to bed with him. Then he got on top so I couldn't move.

"Call in sick" He said while kissing my neck. "You have been a very good girl and have been working non-stop since the day I met you or maybe since you moved here" He then bit my ear lobe, making me moan a bit.

"We need the money. We have to pay the rent and the food and the books you buy almost daily" He looked at me. We were so close that our lips were almost touching. "I love your idea but unless you are a millionare, I can't call in sick" I kissed him and smile.

"Well your dad has a lot of money, babe. You know he could lend you some so you don't have to die working. You work a lot" His voice now expressed concern and he was rubbing my cheek with his hand. His right elbow was laying right next to me, supporting Liam's weight.

I had told him about my dad and I had kind of told my dad about him. I couldn't help it, Liam made me truly happy, like Hayden did back when we moved to this stupid city. My dad had become a really important person in my life again. I could talk to him about anything and he was honest with me and happy that I had found someone else. I had to listen to his talk about condoms tho.

After arguing a bit with Liam about going to work, he let me go and he started making breakfast while I was having a shower, shorter than the ones I used to have usually but long enough to ease my anxiety and thoughts of taking drugs again. I had been clean since Liam moved in and I hadn't told him about my addictions. Of course he had seen the marks on my arms but he seemed to be okay with the few lies I told him to cover my dark past.

As Yellow by Coldplay was finishing, I got out of the shower. I dried my body and did the same with my hair and I walked to the kitchen, fully dressed, where Liam was waiting for me with a grin on his face and two plates with a French omelette on them.

"What are you so happy about, stupid?" I asked him while I took my plate and a fork and started eating.

"You" His British accent still made my knees weak after three months. "I like how the uniform suits your body" He started eating as well while he talked. "I like your body and I like how you look with the trousers and shirt you have to wear. They really help to make your curves even more beautiful"

I blushed. Liam was so like that. He said those kind of comments, which I wanted to hear, as if he had said nothing relevant. For me, hearing him say that my body was beautiful meant the world. I was not the skinny type of girl. I was not overweight either, at least not to the point were it was dangerous. My weight was higher than it should be and that made me insecure. I had been putting a bit more of weight on since I left heroin.

"Thank you" I just answered, not looking at him. My French omelette was interesting enough to avoid looking at his face and letting him seeing me blush deep red. I heard him sigh and leave his plate on the kitchen counter. Then I felt him getting close to me. He took my plate and left in the counter next to me. He kissed my forehead and then hugged me, resting his cheek on the top of my head.

"Hey I'm sorry, I forgot those comments make you uncomfortable" I shook my head a bit.

"I like them but they should come with a warning" We broke the hug and looked at each other. When our eyes connected, we smile. "I'm gonna go get my phone, get the car keys"

We both did as I said. When we were about to leave, Liam said he had to 'urgently go to the bathroom' so it was official, I was more than late to work. Then, the door bell rang. I opened the door to find Hayden standing there, looking down, completely ashamed. He hadn't changed much, his hair was longer and he seemed to have his eyebrow pierced and a couple of tattoos on his arms, which reminded me on Liam.

I heard footsteps behind me and I felt how Liam froze when he saw Hayden there. When Hayden looked up and met Liam's eyes, he froze as well and his face turned white.

"What are you doing here mate?" Liam asked. My back rested in his chest and his hand was on the door, not knowing whether to close it or to listen to Hayden's answer.

"I told you not to get into her life. I told you to stay away from her. I told you all that she was not something you could play with" Hayden said. His tone got louder with every word he said.

"Wait, you know each other?" I was shocked by Hayden's answer. Play with me? Liam was not playing with me, we met at my favorite book shop while he was reading one of my favorite books, then he ordered something in the bar I worked in and we had the best date I could had ever asked for. "That's a lot of coincidences" I whispered. I turned around to look at Liam's face. "Do you know him?"

He had an evil grin in his face. I had never seen that expression on his usually lovely face. "Oh we do. More than Hayden would have liked to"