십이

i will wait a lifetime for you

. . .

"Hyeri, what the fu.ck are you doing in Kihyun's apartment?"

It's 7 in the morning and the first thing I heard was Jungkook's voice, reprimanding me over the phone.

"Did you really have to call this early for that?"

"I told Lizzy to stay with you. Not throw you like a fu.cking garbage on someone's place!"

I stood on my feet and washed my face in the bathroom. I left my phone on loud speaker, over my night table, while I took a bath. The sun may have heard him ranting endlessly, since it suddenly went dark. I have finished taking a shower, but he still goes on.

"Worried much? Why are you so mad?"

"I don't like him. Please date someone else, not him! Why won't you listen to me?"

"Because you never listened to me either. I have to go and eat breakfast. Say hi to Jin for me! Bye!"

When I walked outside my room, the aroma of pancakes put me into a state euphoria. A pretty face. A kind heart. A good cook. I may have stumbled into my future husband's house. Wait, what? What am I thinking?

"Hmm? Good morning!"

"Looks like we've got a chef here?" I walked towards him and embraced him from behind. It comforted me for a while, though I really wish it was Jungkook I was hugging right now. So I closed my eyes, and pretended like it.

"Why are you so sweet today? Did you eat ten jars of candies?" I felt his hand touch mine, as the other one flipped the pancakes. He soon laughed at his own humor, I almost forgot how cute he was. "So? Are you busy tonight?" he asked.

I untangled myself from him and stood on his side, my back leaned on the counter as I stole one of the pancakes he just prepared.

"No, why?"

"Do you know how to dance?"

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Answer my question first, or I'll kiss you."

"Answer my question and I'll—" I was startled when he gave my lips a peck.

"Answer me," he insisted.