십삼

because you are my soul

. . .

Kihyun stood under the door frame with a basket of fruits on his hand. His presence sent vibes like I was confined in a hospital or something.

"I'm sorry?" he said.

"Don't be. It was my fault." I shyly turned my face away from him. It feels better this way.

"Come on. How do I make it up to you?" he insisted while he rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand.

I had just woken up and I was not really in the mood for it. I don't want to talk to him.

"I want to be alone."

"I'm really sorry, Hyeri--"

"Get out!" There was a bit of disappointment, and a bit of regret.

We were both sorry. As I think about what happened last night, I couldn't help but wonder about the book. It was truly odd. I bet no one would put an effort to take polaroids of naked dead people and compile them all together, but he had the passion for it. My mind kept a stacked record of all the questions, only him could answer. The buzzing of my phone distracted me from my thoughts.

I fell on the floor as I quickly rolled off the mattress. "Kookie?"

"Hyeri? Leave that place immediately!" He was very specific and direct.

"What are you talking about?"

"Pack your things up and leave." He started to terrify me. What is this all about?

"You're scaring me, Jungkook. What is it?!" I tried to stay calm while I pull out my luggage from under the bed. A part of me still trusts him. A part of me doesn't want to let go.

"I can't sleep for one more night knowing you're with him. I'm really worried about you!"

"I'm still alive, okay?! Calm the f.uck down, will you?"

"No! I'll come home soon. Wait for me, baby." His voice was music to my ears. I missed him more every night. Is it true that you only realize the worth of someone once they're gone? I wondered.

As the pile of clothes filled up the bag, I took a break since my back was already weary. I stood in front of the mirror as I slowly took my shirt off. I was taken aback by the puzzling minor contusions on my waist and my chest. It was a horrifying sight. It was more alarming not to know where it came from. I'm afraid.

Jungkook, I'm afraid.

I quickly changed my clothes, my whole body was shaking. What is happening to me?