If Only (Jyrus)

Description: Jonah and Cyrus go on a movie "hang".

----------

Cyrus anxiously waited outside on the movie theater, waiting for Jonah. Earlier that day, Jonah had asked him if he wanted to go hang out at the movies.

To Jonah, it was probably what he said it would be. Just a hang. But to Cyrus, this was a huge opportunity to have some alone time with his crush, and he wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

Cyrus straightened his jacket, checked himself for bad breath and cliffhangers. He started to shake when he saw Jonah approaching. "Cy-Guy! How's it hangin!"

The black haired tween started to go red in the face. "I-I'm doing great, uhh... J-Jolamajama."

Cyrus mentally slapped himself. "What are you doing?!" He thought Jonah would be weirded out. Instead, h laughed and gave Cyrus a friendly pat on the back. "Wait by the entrance. I'll get the tickets."

He nodded and waited patiently. Jonah went and got the tickets, then jogged to Cyrus and signaled for them to go inside.

-----

The theater was cold, and Jonah started to shiver. Cyrus took off his jacket and wrapped it around Jonah's cold body.

"Won't you get cold, Cyrus?" Jonah asked in a concerned tone.

He shook his head. "It's worth it. I can handle the cold."

Well... he couldn't. As soon as they took their seats, Cyrus began to shiver. Jonah took notice of this, and sat next to Cyrus. Two boys, one seat.

Then, Jonah took off Cyrus's jacket, and put over both of them. "There. At least now, we're both warm."

-----

The movie was about halfway through, and the two boys were halfway to falling asleep.

"This is so boring." Jonah groaned. "Why did I even choose this movie?"

Cyrus shrugged. "It's fine, Jonah."

"No, it's not. I tried to make this date perfect for you. I-I..."

"Wha-? We were on a date?"

"I was kind of hoping. I really like you, and I didn't know how else to tell you, so I asked you out on this and--"

Cyrus covered Jonah's mouth with his hand. "Jonah, shut up." A smile formed on his face. "I'm supposed to be the insecure one."

He let go and kissed Jonah. One of the most magical things he had ever felt.

----------

beep!
Beep!
BEEP!
BEEP!

Cyrus jumped out of bed. He looked around. Back in his room. It was all just a dream.

He checked his phone. Jonah had texted, "Don't forget. We're hanging out at the movies."

Cyrus thought back to his dream. "If only that dream was real."