Seven Minutes (Jyrus Month Special)

Cyrus' POV
I was sitting outside atop a stone wall, by myself, in the freezing wind. Everyone else was inside, enjoying Andi's sleepover. I am too, I just need some time to myself.

Earlier, Jonah and I had to played Seven Minutes in Heaven, and it ended with us kissing, because that's usually how you play. Point being, when the seven minutes were up, I rushed out, completely overwhelmed by emotions. I was confused, but sure of something. Saying that I was over Jonah was a lie. Those feelings were still there.

Which I hate, because I'm dating TJ now! This kiss between me and Jonah isn't going to make me running back to him, but now I know, after all this time, two guys are still taking place in my heart.

"Cy, you okay?" I look at the bottom of the wall to see Jonah standing below me. He climbs up to sit next to me.

"Yeah," I lie. "I'm fine."

"Listen, I'm sorry if that kiss made things awkward. I know you're dating TJ, and I don't want to get in the way of that." he says sincerely.

I let out a little sigh. "Whether you like it or not, you might actually be doing just that."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember how I used to have a crush on you?" I say, finally getting the courage to look him straight in the eyes. Jonah nods, and I continue to say, "I thought I was over it, but I'm realizing that I'm not."

Jonah makes the situation better and worse by uttering the words, "It's funny. Recently, I've started developing a crush on you."

"Jonah. You're not serious, are you?"

He grabs my hand, but let's go immediately, and I know he did that to prevent more issues. "It was seeing you and TJ together. I couldn't help myself. I ended up seeing you as someone more."

"You know we can't be together, right? I still like TJ, and I'm still going to date him."

Jonah slips down the wall and looks above back at me. "I know that, Cyrus. I just wanted you to know how I feel. See you inside." He slides the door open and heads back inside.

There's still some confusion there, but I think most of it is gone now. I look through the window as Jonah rejoins the group. I look at TJ, my boyfriend, who's rapping to a random song. If I could date both, I'd actually be happy. But both of them are still in my heart, and knowing that they both care about me is enough.

———————

Today's theme was "Sleepover." I know it's Jyrus month, but by having it where Cyrus and TJ are dating in this story, I was able to have Jonah and Cyrus share a deep bonding moment. Hopefully, this caters to both the Jyrus and CJ shippers' wants for this story.