Immortal (Jyrus, Jamber)

Now, immortality was tricky in this, so I made it so that Jonah can make himself look like whatever age he wants to be. That way, it's not like he's a teen dating an elder, or whatever.

—————————

Cyrus and Jonah sat on the side of the beach, staring at the sun as it set over the horizon.

Jonah looked at Cyrus in tears. "What's our life going to be like, Cyrus?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm immortal, remember? I can't die. What happens when your time is up?"

Cyrus kissed Jonah. "We will figure it out. I'm only 15, so we have time. Something in this world is bound to make you mortal. We will find a way."

"What if we don't?"

"Don't say that. We will. If it's the last thing I do, you will get what you want."

~~78 Years Later~~

Cyrus lay on his deathbed, weak from age. Jonah, still looking young as ever, sat next to him, sobbing.

"Don't cry." Cyrus said weakly. "I still believe we'll find a way."

Jonah continued to cry. "I don't know if we can. We've tried everything. What if this is how it's supposed to be?"

"Maybe it is. But no matter what, I will always love you."

"I love you too." He stared at the sunny window. "You were my first one, though."

"You're hundreds of years old, Jonah. I'm pretty sure you've loved others." Cyrus took a few seconds to catch his breath. "Tell me about the first person you've loved."

Jonah made a small smile. "Her name was Amber. She was probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. Anyways, it's a really sad story."

~~462 Years Ago~~

Jonah walked into a small cottage. "Amber, I'm home."

Amber walked up to Jonah and kissed his cheek. "Welcome. I have some soup prepared if you want."

"Of course. Let me change first, and I'll come join you."

Jonah went to his room and changed into a fresh pair of clothes.

As he walked out, he saw that the door was ajar, and Amber had gone missing. "Amber? Amber!"

He ran out and followed the trail until he reached a small hut in the woods. He burst into the room and saw Amber standing next to a cauldron of green liquid. "Hello, love." She said emotionlessly.

"Amber? What's going on?" Jonah inched forward and Amber held a sword to his neck.

"Don't you take another step forward."

"What's going on? Tell me, please!"

Another woman's voice spoke in the darkness. "That would be my doing."

She walked out of the shadows. "Got this spell from a woman named Ingrid. Called Shattered Sight. Powerful magic, indeed."

"Buffy? What?"

She cackled. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"What do you want? Why are you doing this?!"

"This is revenge for what you've done all those years ago. To Marty!"

Jonah disarmed Amber, grabbed the sword and held it to Buffy's neck. "Marty deserved it! He hurt an entire village with his magic."

"And yet, he was the only one to see me as someone worth loving. After you took him away from me, I realized that they're no point in love anymore. Not when people only see you as a witch."

Buffy took a bottle of the green liquid and threw it at Jonah. Vapor spewed across the room.

When it cleared, Jonah saw Amber on the floor, dead. "What did you do?!"

"Well, I killed her, obviously."

"Why am I still alive?"

"I added a little something to the brew. Makes you immortal. Normally, this is good, but now, you have to spend eternity without ever being able to join Amber in death. Sucks, doesn't it?"

She walked out chuckling. "The potion made me immortal too. So I'm about to spend eternity watching you suffer..."

~~~~~

"That's how I became immortal in the first place. But, for everyone that's come and gone, I never forget about them. You're no different."

He turned back to Cyrus and found his body, lifeless on the bed. "Cyrus? Cyrus?!"

No response. His eyes teared up. "I didn't even get to say goodbye..."

A familiar voice spoke from the door. "Hahaha! This is hilarious. The first boy you've loved out of everyone, and you failed to say goodbye."

Jonah walked angrily towards Buffy. "One day, I swear. I will be mortal again, and then you'll stay like this, with no other reason to live."

"This isn't about me. By the way, what was Cyrus again? Let's see, there was Amber, Emma, Andi, and Julie... number 5?"

"Get out of my face." Jonah said.

"Fine. But just remember, Jonah. I'm always nearby, enjoying every little moment of suffering you have."

She walked out of the room, and Jonah looked back at Cyrus. "One day..."

———————

This was supposed to be like 300 words or so, but I guess I lost myself in imagination

This was supposed to be like 300 words or so, but I guess I lost myself in imagination. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed.