Thankful

Description: The Good Hair Crew has a Thanksgiving get together.

———————

Jonah knocked on the door, and Andi answered. "Jonah, hi. Come on in."

He entered the house and saw that Cyrus, Buffy, and Andi were all play Texas-Holdem Poker. "You want to join us?" Buffy asked.

Jonah sat down. "Yeah. Sure."

A few minutes later, and Buffy's stack of chips were piling up. She put down a full house and took some more. "Haha! Read 'em and weep!"

Cyrus scoffed. "Millie's a bad influence on you."

"Nah. She's just bringing out my full potential. Now, set up another round."

Bex walked into the room, holding a big turkey on her hands. "No, put them away for now. We are now about to eat."

Everyone washed their hands, and they sat at the table as Bex cut the turkey. "While we're waiting, how about we go around and say what we're thankful for."

Andi smiled. "Kind of a cliche, don't you think?"

"It's a good cliche. Look, I'll go first. I am very thankful for Andi, who still loved me, even after I made all this drama ensue." She kissed Andi's forehead.

Andi rolled her eyes with a smile. "I am thankful for all of my friends and family who have stayed with me, even after Bex caused all this drama to ensue." Every laughed at that statement.

Buffy raised her hand. "Alright. I am very grateful for everyone who is supporting me through this hard time. Cause, it's my first Thanksgiving without my mom."

Cyrus hugged her. "Her time overseas is almost over. Just a few more months."

"Thanks. Now you can go."

Cyrus thought for a second. "I am very thankful for you guys, for continuing to be my friends when I came out as gay."

"Of course, Cy." Jonah said. "You'll always be our friend."

Bex looked at Jonah. "Jonah, it's your turn."

Jonah shook his head. "I don't know what to say."

"Just say anything."

He started to tear up. "I am thankful... for all of you. For finding me a home where people actually care about me."

"Of course." Buffy said. "You were in a horrible home. Best thing for you was to put you somewhere else."

He started to cry. "But you guys actually listened to me for once. At school, I always put up an act, and everyone just assumed that everything was all..."

"Docious Magocious?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. But you guys actually noticed, and you helped me."

Everyone stood up and hugged Jonah. "Of course. You're our friend. We're never going to not support you."

—————————

I'm thankful for the many supporters I have in my life. Family, friends, you guys.

What are you guys thankful for?

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving. :)