Eliminate (Jyrus)

Description: Cyrus is given the mission to eliminate an enemy agent. Will he be able to do it?

———————

Cyrus walked into his boss's office. "You wanted to see me, ma'am?"

The chair swiveled around. "I already told you, Cyrus." Buffy said. "You can call me by my real name."

"Alright, then. What is it, Buffy?"

"You are one of my best agents. I trust that you'll be able to complete the task at hand."

"Just give me the details."

Buffy spun her laptop around. "This is your target. Jonah Beck. He's with an enemy organization."

"Is this organization bad?"

"We don't know. But he's been causing problems. Sneaking around our facilities, and taking technology from us. We can't take the risk anymore. I need you to eliminate him."

Cyrus nodded. "Understood, ma'am. Buffy, I mean."

—————

Cyrus watched the city buildings around him. "Where are you, Jonah Beck?"

He scanned the rooftops, and the streets. Nobody suspicious. Cyrus heard a gun cock behind him.

He turned around, and a boy was towering over him, holding a pistol to his forehead. "Honestly, when my boss gave me this mission to spy on you, they warned me that I would be a target. I didn't believe them, but look at us now."

Cyrus smirked. "You're Jonah? I expected the enemy agent to be... older."

"You're one to talk. What are you, 11?"

"13."

"Potato, potato. Do I kill you now?"

"Do you really want to?"

He pulled the gun away. "Honestly, I don't know. I have a mission, but... you seem a bit nice."

Cyrus rolled his eyes. "You clearly don't know the stuff I've done, then."

"Oh, a bad boy? I've done worse."

"You're not going to kill me."

Jonah's hands started to shake. "One moment isn't going to ruin the mission."

Cyrus stood up and opened his arms. "I'm willing to test that theory."

Jonah regained his composure, aimed, and fired.

BANG!

———————

There's a reason why I didn't write what happens after. Cause, you don't know what happened. Cyrus could've died, Jonah missed. You won't know what happens, and the suspense will kill you.