That Magical Kiss (Jyrus Month Special)

Andi, Buffy, Cyrus, and I sit on the side of a hill, watching as the sun sets over Shadyside. Let me tell you, it's probably one of the most beautiful things to see at the end of the day.

I hear a faint grumbling coming from my left. Andi rubs her stomach, then turns to Buffy. "Buff, can you help me get the leftovers? I'm a bit hungry."

"Sure. I need something to munch on too," Buffy replies. The two girls walk down the hill to the picnic basket they left at the bottom.

My eyes dart in Cyrus' direction, then they slide back. "Cy, how often do you think about your kiss with Iris?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I've just been thinking a lot about my kiss with Andi."

Cyrus begins to show a tiny smirk out of the corner of his mouth. "Do you now? Well, I guess I would say that I don't really think about it that much."

"Why? Didn't you like it?"

"I did, but I didn't like the person I was kissing. I mean, in that way. Iris and I are still friends if that... wasn't clear."

I look back down the hill, where Andi is. "For me, I enjoyed the kiss, and I liked the person I kissed. It felt like a thousand firecrackers exploded around me, and it was just the two of us at the center of the universe."

Cyrus asks, "So what's bothering you?"

"What's bothering me is the fact that I've been having some weird thoughts. I just wondered if I would have that same magical feeling if it were a boy."

"Here's the thing. A kiss is nice. But to have that magical feeling, that person would have to be someone special. Unless you feel that way with a guy, you're not going to get those fireworks."

A part of me is even more curious. I end up saying abruptly, "Cyrus, can we kiss?"

I turn to him, only to find that he's gleaming. He says in a trance, "Yes." He shakes his head, repeating in a more casual tone, "I mean, uhh, if that's what you want."

I rub the back of my head, a bit embarrassed. "I don't really know how to kiss. Andi was the one who did it last time."

"Just follow my lead," Cyrus says, chuckling.

I take a deep breath, and watch as Cyrus leans in. Normally, I would start backing away. This time, I didn't even try. When our lips finally met, that feeling I had, it was just like my kiss with Andi. That thought that it was just the two of us was there too.

I finally pull away after a few seconds, absolutely speechless. Cyrus asks me, "How did it feel?"

In all of that, I could only whisper a single word. "Magical."

———————

On Tumblr, there's a little event called "30 Days Of Jyrus." Basically, within the span of a month, there will be a huge influx of Jyrus-related one-shots.

Since I am on an unofficial deadline for some of these stories, the Jyrus month one-shots will be more quantity over quality. At least 400 words each, not as well-written as it should be.

But hey, at least I can finally make up for the huge gap of no writing.