Moments I've Never Had

I love how it's so simple, yet it's enough to give me an entire plot line

—————

"Andi! Come here, please!" Bex yelled.

Andi strolled in from her bedroom. "Yes, Mom?"

Bex and Bowie looked at each other and smiled. "Andi. We have some exciting news."

She looked excited. "Yes, what's the big news? Are we getting something?"

"We are," Bowie said, "we're having another kid."

Bex was beaming. "Andi, you're going to be a big sister."

Andi's face turned to dismay. "Oh. That's cool, I guess."

"You're not happy?"

"No, I am. I just... need to process this."

She left the house, and went to the Spoon.

Bowie looked at Bex with a bit of fear. "She's not happy, is she?"

Bex shook her head. "No, she isn't. And I think I know why."

—————

Cyrus and Buffy met with Andi at the Spoon, and saw her frowning. Cyrus attempted to lighten the mood. "Why the long face, Andi? You have baby taters in front of you."

Andi made a small smile for just a second. "Can you sit down, please?"

Both looked at Andi in suspicion. "What's going on?" Buffy asked.

"I'm going to be a big sister. Bex is having another child."

"Bex is pregnant?"
"Bex is pregnant?"

"You two talk simultaneously a lot, don't you?"

"No, we don't."
"No, we don't."

"Stop it!"
"Stop it!"

"Okay, okay. That answered my question." Andi said, jokingly.

Cyrus was confused. "Why are you sad, then? I'd kill for a younger sibling."

Both Buffy and Andi looked at Cyrus. He sighed. "Metaphorically."

Andi chuckled. "Look, I am happy for a younger sibling. I'm going to watch them take their first steps, first words, first accidents. So are Bex and Bowie."

Buffy started to understand. "I get it. They're going to experience all the things with this kid, that you missed out on."

Andi nodded sadly. Cyrus put his arm on her shoulder. "Andi, think of it like this. Sure, your sibling is going to experience those moments, but admit it. Your life is so much more interesting."

"Yeah," Buffy said, "you found out that your sister was your mom. You met your real dad after like 13 years without knowing him. That's going to be quite the story to tell your younger sibling."

Andi felt better afterwards. She hugged her two friends. "Thank you. That really helped."

—————

Andi strutted back into the house. "So, baby names. What are you two thinking?"