four

Justin

"So I heard about Valerie from Ava, turns out the blind date was a success after all?" Dad said while we were on our way to the party and I smiled and nodded.

"She's...really great" I said and mom smiled.

"I'm so glad you're trying to put efforts in this again" She said and I looked down at my fingers.

"Yeah" I said.

I felt horrible. I was straight up lying to them, making them see what they've been hoping for so long now but its fake.

Valerie is still a stranger to me, we barely know each other and she's just being a nice person by helping me with this.

When we reached the hall, I helped mom get down the car and fixed my white suit that I got washed and ironed this morning since I told Valerie I'll be wearing white too.

Once we got in, I saw so many people that had filled up the huge victorian style hall. It was a typical huge business party.

I involuntarily looked around for Valerie.

"Mr. Bieber, there you are!" Mr. Hill said and walked to us and shared a hug with dad.

Behind him followed Valerie and her mom. And it happened again, my breath got caught in my throat, it was almost as if I couldn't breathe as I saw her walk to me with a smile on her face in a long flowing white gown.

 And it happened again, my breath got caught in my throat, it was almost as if I couldn't breathe as I saw her walk to me with a smile on her face in a long flowing white gown

"Hi Justin" She said.

"Hey" I was about to smile but my time was moving slow as I had no space to react before her arms went around my neck and I felt her feather soft lips press against my cheek and I lost contact of them before I could get enough of it.

"So, I see you'll decided to match tonight?" Valerie's mom said and I smiled.

"Where's Ava?" Valerie asked. She was still so close to me and I finally reminded myself that I should breathe.

"Justin?" She snapped me out.

"Oh, uh, Ava went on a sleepover with her friends" I said and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"Oh. You look great" She said and I licked my lips.

"Thanks, you look great yourself too" I said, almost mumbled but she smiled wide.

"Thank you" She said.

After that, we followed our parents to the bar and me and Valerie sat down next to each other.

"Are you okay? You look a little tensed" She asked making me look at her. I stopped myself before I got lost in her blue eyes.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'm just, not a fan of crowded places" I said.

"Oh, me neither. I used to always skip these parties using college as excuse but now I don't have one" She said and shrugged.

"Right" I said.