thirty two

Valerie

It's been 3 months. Me and Justin have been stronger than ever. We're taking it steady, of course. Justin has been very careful with me and himself. I told him there's no need, but he joined anger management classes. What I did insist was for him to see a therapist for his anxiety and nightmares. He told me he was very uncomfortable with it but still went for it. And now, he tells me it's working good for him.

Neither of us seem to get enough of each other. We're always together; mostly at his place, sometimes at mine. Frequent family dinners keep happening too. And as much as Justin's family insisted on us moving in together, we have decided to keep that off the table for now.

We really want to make this work and we can't if we rush into things. They totally understood.

Another unexpected thing Justin did was getting rid of Eve. He threw out everything he had that belonged to her. And when I opened his poem note book, I found Eve's pages gone too.

I love him beyond words can express and I'm glad he's doing all this for me but I would never want him forget Eve just like that. She was a huge part of his life. And I know that in the back of his mind, he'll always miss her and regret his actions. I told him I was fine with him keeping Eve's stuff but he said it was a way of him showing me that he only has a place for me in his heart.

I do believe that, very much. 

But I do have my nights, when I see him laying beside me and staring into space with a smile, for a flash of moment, my heartbeat quickens as wonder if he's thinking about me or her.

Has he really forgotten her as much as he shows it on the outside? 

I know I'm being bi-polar with this, but the situation is just that complicated. I guess, I'm just going to have to accept the fact that Eve will always somehow be a part of our lives.

"Val" I heard Justin's voice and he knocked on the book I was reading.

"Hm?" I hummed since I was too engrossed in reading what Robert Langdon does next.

"Valerieeeee" He sang.

"Just a minute Jay, let me see how he gets out of there!" I said and he huffed and plopped down beside me on the couch.

"I'm gonna have to find Dan Brown and ask him to stop writing books" He mumbled.

"And I might just kill you after that" I said and even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew he made a weird face and mimicked me.

"If you had to spend a free day either with you book or have a romantic whole day date with me, what would you chose?" I asked.

"A romantic whole day date with you where I get to sleep on you and read my book the whole day and you can watch you sports while I do that" I said.

"I do keep forgetting how smart you are sometimes. Although, does that date also include ordering junk food all day?" He asked.

"Definitely" 

"So when are we having this date? Tomorrow sounds amazing to me" He said making me chuckle and I shut my book and placed it on the coffee table.

"Done" I said before climbing on his lap and wrapping my arms around him and placing my head on his shoulder, tucked in the crook of his neck.

"Finally, I'm more interesting than Robert London" He said and I rolled my eyes as I fought a giggle.

"It's Robert Langdon" I corrected.

"How was work though?" I asked.

He's been helping Carl with business a lot since Carl wan't to pass on the business to him after a couple years.