twenty

Justin

I was typing an e-mail when there was a knock on the cabin door before it opened up and came in Dad's assistant.

"Mr. Bieber you've- Oh, its Mr. Junior Bieber today" She said when she saw me and and I gathered up a smile.

"Yeah, I told him I'll handle work today" I said and she nodded.

"Well, I just came to give these files that he asked me to complete, they're all done" She said and placed the bunch on the table and I nodded.

"Sure, I'll go through them" I said and she smiled before walking out again.

I huffed and grabbed the bunch of files.

I thought working my take my mind off Valerie but nothing seemed to help. I keep zoning out and think about the same damn question.

Why?

Why would she do that to me. Or was I the wrong one to ever let her in?

I spent over an hour, just flipping through the pages while there was only one person on my mind.

Its been a week and I haven't slept proper even a single night or had a moment of peace. I haven't even met or talked to Ava after all this.

I know she did it out of concern and stuff but this just wasn't the right solution. And telling me this late was even worse.

Valerie has been trying to call me everyday, I probably have fifteen unattended voice mails and a bunch of texts from her.

But I just feel too betrayed to respond to anything.

There was a knock on the door again and I reckoned it must be Dad's assistant again to ask if the files are alright but the person who came in wasn't her, I was quiet surprised by who it turned out to be.

Valerie.

Dressed simple like always in a grey v neck and jeans. She still managed to take my breath away with how stunning she looked even with the bags under her eyes.

She came in, nervously pulling at her sleeves. I stopped staring at her when the reality hit me again and the muscles in my body tightened with anger.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled without looking at her.

"I-I went to your place, you weren't there so I checked at your parents' house, C-Carl told me you were working today" She explained, but my question was still unanswered.

"I asked what are you doing here?" I repeated and she licked her lips.

"I w-wanted to talk, please" She said softly.

"Haven't I made it clear that I don't want to talk? Please leave" I said

"Just hear me out Justin, once" She said. The honesty in her voice and eyes almost made me give in but I stood my ground.

"Valerie, just go" I said more firmly and even from a distance, I saw her eyes tear up instantly. 

She turned around and walked out, shutting the door after her softly.

A part of me wanted to run after her and hear her out but the part of me that didn't want to do that won and I stayed put on my chair.

But things just got worse after that. The rest of the day, all that flashed in my head were her teary eyes and her simple request of hearing her out.

My conscience keeps telling me that maybe I should hear her out. After all, for all the time she has spent with me, never once did I feel that she was faking or pretending anything.