eighteen

Justin

I cleared my throat once I was in the kitchen and mom and Mrs. Hill looked at me, pausing their cooking.

"If you're here again to ask what you're gift is, I'm not telling you" mom said and Mrs. Hill laughed.

"Mom...no!" I said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Then?"

"I'm here to take yours and Mrs. Hill's permission" I said and they both got curious again.

"For what?" She asked and I grew nervous again.

"Well it's Christmas Eve so I was thinking that after dinner, me and Valerie could go to the grandparents' house for the night, I just want some alone time with here" I said.

"I-I promise we'll be back early morning!" I added quickly.

"But Jay it's Christmas Eve and y'all should spend it with the whole family, you guys can go tomorrow?" Mom said and I licked my lips.

"I get it mom but that's the point, it's Christmas and I wanna make it special for the both of us. Please mommy, Mrs. Hill please?" I begged.

"Justin honey-

"Laura, it's alright, let them go" Mrs. Hill said and I looked at mom hopefully.

"Okay but I need both of you back by 8 in the morning and try not to burn down the house" She said and I grinned before hugging her tightly.

"Yes thank you so much you're the best!" I said and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you too Mrs. Hill!" I gave her a hug too before running up to Valerie as I heard the ladies laugh while I ran.

I opened the door of our bedroom to find her and Ava on the bed doing something on Ava's phone.

"Oh my God he's such a flirt!" Valerie said while Ava giggled.

"What? What flirt?" I said and they looked at me and Ava quickly shut her phone.

"Nothing" She said and I walked to them.

"No tell me, is this another guy now?!" I asked.

"Justin, it's girls talk you don't have to know everything." Valerie said.

"But I just wanna kno-

"I'm gonna go to my room!" Ava said and quickly ran away.

"Ava!" I yelled but she did not stop.

"Justin, she told me about the guy and we researched everything about him, don't worry" Val said.

"But why can't she tell me?!" I whined and she rolled her eyes.

"You really expect her to tell you after what you did at her birthday?" She said and I rolled my eyes too and sat down on the bed.

"By the way, I have a surprise for you, you'll get to know in the evening" I said and grinned as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" She asked.

"You'll see" I said and pecked her lips making her smile before I stood up.

"Wierdo" she mumbled as I left the room.

*****

"Yep, everything is set, nice and romantic" Chaz said through the phone while I waited outside the house near the car for Valerie to come.

"Good, okay bye, she's here!" I said and quickly hung up when I saw Valerie come out of the door.

"Thank God, my ass was freezing" I said as she walked to me, wearing the dress I gave her underneath the trench coat.