fourteen

Justin

I stared at Valerie as she kept reading her book, not giving a fuck about me and acting like I didn't exist. I took my sunglasses off and sat up, looking at the blue pool.

"Are you seriously going to do this Val? How is that book more interesting than me?!" I said and she finally looked at me.

"Excuse me, there is nothing more interesting in the world than a Dan Brown book okay Whinestin? Now let me read" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"You're mean" I mumbled and she shrugged.

"And rude, and irritating, and frustrating a-and......crazy!" I said and she chuckled and shut her book and sat up too.

"Okay okay,  calm down Kidstin" She said and climbed over to my lounge chair and kissed my frown.

"Not going to work" I said, trying my best to not melt at that.

"Then what do you want me to do?" She asked and I shrugged and looked away.

"I don't know, you were the one who ignored me for the past two hours when I called you here to spend time with me so now you find a solution to it yourself!" I said and she sighed.

"Alright, let me think...." She said and thought.

"Its really not that hard if you know me you know" I said.

"It hasn't even been a second yet, hakuna your tatas Biebs" She said.

"Do not use my phrase against me!" 

"What is wrong with you!?" She said and I frowned at her again.

"I'm mad at you" I said and looked away.

"That I know but why do you start acting like a kid when you're mad?!" She said and I didn't say anything and looked at the pool again.

"Okay, I have an idea" She said and when I looked at her, she was grinning.

"What?" I asked.

Kiss me already, I know you know what I want Valerie.

"That, I won't tell you, its a surprise" She said and I raised an eyebrow.

"And for that, I'm gonna have to leave right now. All you have to do is get ready by 6, keep it casual" She said.

"LEAVE?! I'm mad at you for ignoring me and now you're just leaving me!?" I almost yelled.

"Ugh! you just listen to 1 percent of everything I say. I said I have a surprise for you, for which I'll have to make arrangements right? so I'm going to have to leave but you stay ready by 6 okay? I'll pick you up" She said and stood up and put her top and shorts on her bikini and grabbed her purse.

"This is making me even more pissed Valerie, you're getting an angry and sad journal entry rather than a poem today!" I said but she still grinned.

"You won't say that in the evening" She said and just walked away.

"I hate you!" I shouted but she didn't come back.

I sulked all by myself for a whole hour before I started getting bored. I decided to go to mom and dad's place instead of getting bored all by myself.

I took a shower before putting on a black fitting t-shirt and ripped blue jeans and started driving to Mom and Dad's.

On my way, I decided to get some coffee for me and stooped at Starbucks but before I got out of my car my eyes caught something inside the cafe through the glass window.

My grip on the steering wheel tightened and my jaw clenched at the sight.

Valerie laughing and talking with Joe who sat across her, laughing just as much as she was.