eleven

Valerie

"Hey there" I said as I picked up Joe's call.

"I have a good-bad news" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh and what is that?"

"The high school friends have planned a reunion party tomorrow" He said.

"Oh...so is he going to be there?" I asked.

"I don't know Leah told me nobody is in contact with him, no one knows what he is doing so probably not but you know they're going to ask you a lot of questions about him since you'll were the biggest OTP back then" He said and chuckled.

"Yeah....but wait"I said when an idea hit me.

"What if I have a better and more attractive man with me? They won't bring him up much" I said.

"Annnd by that you mean Justin? Will he come?" He said and I smirked.

"I know how to convince him" I said.

"Right- oh sweet baby Jesus, the images just flashed in my head, I'm grossed" He said.

"Shut up Joe! Go away!" I laughed.

"Yeah yeah, forget your night in shiny armor over your prince charming" He said.

"I'll see you tomorrow Drama queen" I said.

"Yep, I'll text you the party details" He said and hung up.

I quickly got out of my bed and went into the closet to get dressed up. I put on a simple red tank top and blue jean shorts before combing my hair. I stuffed my phone and some money in the pockets of my shorts and grabbed the car keys before running downstairs.

"Whoa whoa whoa young lady, where are you speeding at?" Mom asked.

"Justin's" I said in a hurry and she smiled.

"Oh, something important came up?" She asked teasingly.

"Uh, yeah, he called" I lied.

"Okay, be back soon and text me if you'll be staying over!" She said as I started rushing out.

"Yes mommy!" I said and got out of the house and sped to Justin's place.I debated on calling him and telling him I'm coming over but decided to surprise him. Ava had given me a spare key to his house.

Ava and Justin's parents are so supportive and encouraging about him 'dating' me, I wonder what happened to him that was so bad.

I parked my car when I reached his house and opened the door with the key silently. I tip toed inside and the living room was dark, I guess he is upstairs.

So I started climbing my way upstairs but I paused mid way when I heard noises. Cries. He was shouting.

I panicked and ran as fast as I could.

"Justin?" I called out as I barged into his room but he was just laying on his bed.

When I walked to him, I saw that he was panting hard, shouting in his sleep while his whole body was covered in sweat and his clothes were drenched.

"NO! EVE!" He yelled, the nerves in his neck straining due to how loud he was shouting while his hands gripped the edge of the bed and it scared me so much.

"Justin! Justin wake up!" I sat down next to him and shook him.

"Justin!" I yelled louder and shook him a bit harder.

He gasped loudly as his eyes shot open and he sat up in a fraction of a second and looked at me confusedly while breathing hard.

"Jay....are you okay?" I said, cupping his face with one hand and pushing his sweaty hair back.