thirty three

*WARNING*: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS GRAPHIC DISCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL ABUSE. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF UNCOMFORTABLE WITH SUCH CONTENT.

I, IN NO WAY SUPPORT ANY KIND OF ABUSE. ME WRITING ABOUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I SUPPORT IT.

-----

Justin

"Justin..." Valerie said as I ignored her and continued making my way upstairs.

"Jay would you listen to me?" She said and tried to grab my arm but I flicked her away.

My blood was still boiling, I couldn't get the images of that guy trying to flirt with her out of my head.

"Why should I?! He was flirting with you, Valerie, he almost kissed you but you did nothing! Didn't stop him once!" My loud voice made her flinch, I didn't expect it to come out that loud either.

"He was a college friend and he's always been like that, I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make a scene at my best friend's birthday party!" She said.

It was Joe's birthday today. But his party didn't turn out to be so pleasant because of one of their college guy who was all over Valerie and she didn't do a thing to stop him.

"Make a scene? Telling someone to give you personal space is making a fucking scene?!" I said, stepping closer to her.

"Justin please calm down" She said and placed her hands on my chest.

There was a war inside my body. I wanted to calm down too but something wasn't letting me. Something told me....it's too late.

"Why should I!" I yelled again.

"Because you're making too big a deal out of this!" She yelled back.

"I'm not even gonna meet the guy again Justin, you're stupid for even letting this bother you at all!" She said.

"Oh so now I'm stupid" I said, taking another step closer to her.

STOP!

"Is this how much you trust me Justin? That a guy flirting with me for two minutes makes you so jealous?!" She said and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt as if my veins were going to burst open.

"I'm not jealous Valerie, I just didn't like the way he was all over you" I said.

"Justin you're being pathetic! He wasn't all ov-

She was cut off by sharp sound of skin slapping against skin.

I felt a burning sensation on my palm as the room went pin-drop silent.

My heart dropped in the pit of my stomach when I saw Valerie stumble behind, the wall stopping her from falling down.

Her hand held onto her cheek as she looked back at me. The hair moved away from her face and I saw a drop of blood gush out of the corner of her mouth.

I swallowed and looked at my palm and then back at Valerie, both of us breathing heavy.

I didn't just do that.

No, I did. I slapped her.

My breathing sped up after I realised what I had done and in no time I was gasping for air.

"I-....I..." I couldn't find words to speak as I saw the brim of her eyes puddle with tears which caused my vision to get blurry with tears too.