Mortal

You were eight years old. You were playing on the playground when some of the mean kids came up. They tried to push you off the swing, but you were stubborn and kicked them. Sadly, they were to strong for you. Angered, they punched and kicked you hard. Tears ran down your cheeks. "Hey!" shouted a voice. A boy, about nine, came over. The bullies left you helpless and went to beat him up. They then left you both.

Go went over to him. "I'm sorry," you squeaked. He gave you a lopsided grin and got up. After brushing himself off, you exchanged addresses.

*skip to July 7*

You went to Leo's house. He opened the door. You greeted him with a hug and a card. Today was his birthday. You both ate cake and played videogames. You beat him in almost every single one.

Years passed. You went from friends to boyfriend and girlfriend to an engaged couple. You were married and was expecting a kid. It was a boy. Your family grew and one day, you got a dog. You named him Rocky. S/N and Rocky became really close. One day, Rocky was playing in the yard. S/N started to cross the street to retrieve his ball. Rocky went and saved the boy... at the cost of his life.

(Leo P.O.V.)

After the death of Rocky, everything went downhill. Work got really bad. One day, I came home to bad news. Y/n had cancer. The treatment cost a lot of money. Too much money. I was in a state of despair when I saw my last hope. The military. I signed up. 

We were in a battle and one of my friends had fallen. There weren't many of us left. I took a deep breath. I pulled out of my pocket pictures of my family and me before facing my death.

(S/N P.O.V.)

Dad died in war. Mom died from cancer. Rocky died to save me. Mom, at least, got to see me get married. I go to their graves and place roses all over them.