The Party

I slipped on my black, high-waisted shorts and my red bralette top

I slipped on my black, high-waisted shorts and my red bralette top. My makeup and hair was already done so I laced up my black Doc Martins and put my phone in my back pocket. I snuck out, which wasn't hard. My best friend, Amber, was already waiting. She was sat at the edge of my driveway, on the curb. I pulled her up and hugged her.

"Hello Amber." I said, putting on a British accent. She laughed and pulled away.

"Hello Brianna." I rolled my eyes and shoved her shoulder.

"Brynn." I corrected. She chuckled and we started walking to the party. You could hear the music from a block away.

As soon as we entered, people were coming up to us. I said hi back but made my way over to the drinks station pretty quickly. I got myself a vodka coke. My friend, Kelly, came over to me, clearly wasted. I steadied her because she was basically falling over. She attempted to thank me but came out more of a slur. I walked away from her and got on the dance floor. My phone was buzzing in my back pocket but I just ignored it and carried on dancing to Issues.

One drink after the other, and before you knew it, I was drunk myself. Everything was a blur but I wasn't going to stop, it was almost summer. If I wanted to party all night, I would. People were calling my name, trying to warn me, but I couldn't hear them properly. I felt a sharp tug at my arm, making me shriek. I was screaming for who ever it was to get off me. By now, people were staring. We were now outside the house, and I could see who it was. My mother.

"Who the hell do you think you are? You are in the Eighth Grade-"

"Almost in Ninth." I corrected. This just angered her even more.

"Have you been drinking? You know what Brianna? I can't take this, I just can't take this anymore! I'm taking that job in Maryland and we're moving there over the summer. Now get in the car. Now!" She yanked my arm and threw me into the front seat. She handed me a mint and buckled her seatbelt.

"Mom! What do you mean Maryland? That's all the away across the country! I'm not going, I'm not! I have a life here, I have friends here." I complained in the car. She was silent, ignoring me. I rolled my eyes and put my feet up on the dashboard.

"Take your feet down." She demanded, quietly. I ignored her and closed my eyes. She slapped my feet down, startling me.

"Bitch." I muttered under my breath. I'm sure she heard but she didn't say anything.

We arrived home to my whole family sitting at the table. Even my little sister was up. Once my father saw me, he shot up and hugged me, telling me how worried he was. My dad never told me off, always wanted to make sure I was safe. I liked my dad, not my mom. My two year old sister, Lexie, pulled at my arms, insisting to be picked up. I lifted her up and rocked her to sleep. I took my other sisters hand, Poppie who was eight, and led her upstairs. Jack and Blake, my seven and twelve year old brothers, followed me. Sarai and Luca, the eleven year old twins, tried to stay downstairs but I demanded for them to come up.

I put Sarai and Poppie into their bunk beds and Lexie into her crib. Then I kissed Luca, Jack and Blake goodnight before climbing into my bed. Under the covers, I took my shorts of and untied my bralette. I fell asleep quite quickly, drifting off to the thoughts of moving away. Lexie woke me up by jumping on my bed excitedly. I pulled her under and tried to snuggle her back to sleep but she wouldn't settle.

"No! We have to pack!" I shot up.

"For what?"

"We're moving, siwwy." She replied, laughing.

" She replied, laughing