Welcome Home

It was about 10 at night when we were going to the airport

It was about 10 at night when we were going to the airport. Our house was pretty much empty apart from the table and couch because the house came with it. Lexie had her little Hello Kitty suitcase holding her up because she was pretty much asleep. Poppie and Sarai were asleep on each other and Jack, Blake and Luca were huddled on the floor. The taxi arrived outside so Mom and Dad stood up and starting taking the cases outside. Poppie climbed onto my back and I held Lexie in my arms.

We all got into the taxi and buckled up. Lexie was asleep on Mom's lap, Poppie on Dad's. I fell asleep on the ride there and was waken rudely by Blake. I clambered out of the car and dragged my suitcase into the airport. We went through the boring stuff and eventually got on the plane. I was sat with Lexie and Poppie, thanks Mom. I fell asleep pretty soon and didn't wake up until landing.

A taxi picked us up and took us to our new house. I didn't see it at first because I was asleep. Mom made me get out the car but because it was like 3 in the morning, I kept my eyes shut. Mom shook me to say I had to help get things inside so I finally looked at the house.

"Mom," I hissed, "We're at the wrong house. There's no way we live here." She shook her head and made us bring the bags inside. It was huge. There was only a couch in the living room and I ran and sat on it. I got my duvet out, kicked my shoes off and fell asleep right there on the couch.

Mom let me sleep in and shuffled around the house unpacking various things. When I finally sat up, I saw Dad on a blow up mattress with Lexie and Poppie in the corner of the couch. Blake, Jack and Luca slept on the other end of the couch. I clambered off the 'bed' and found a bathroom. I brushed through my hair with mom's hairbrush and brushed my teeth using a brush from the new pack mom bought.

I walked back through and changed into my Nike shorts and grey jumper. I slipped my shoes back on, grabbed my phone and left through the sliding doors. I was led to a huge back garden with a river at the end. I walked down the pier thing and sat with my legs dangling over. The time was 11 so I was surprised there was no neighbours lurking about. Then I heard springs behind me. I looked back to see a girl doing gymnastics on the trampoline.

I smiled, I could do them tricks and more. I used to do gymnastics and dance. But now I just do dance. I stood on the wood and put my phone next to me, getting in the position to do a press handstand. I completed the move successfully and walked back to the grass.

The girl had noticed me but not said anything. Maybe we could be friends.