New Beginnings

Jack and Blake shook me awake, telling me I needed to come outside

Jack and Blake shook me awake, telling me I needed to come outside. I slapped them away and checked the time on my phone, 12:46. I decided I needed to get up so I threw my legs over the edge of my bed. I removed myself from the light pink covers and took my phone, slipped my trainers on and left my room with them. 

I picked up a chocolate muffin before they dragged me outside. They led me to the river I had visited before. Before I could even blink, they jumped in. All of them were in shorts and t-shirts, so I laughed at them.

"You guys are idiots. Mom will kill you." I informed them.

"She said we'll just have to because we don't have our swimming costumes." Jack mocked. I rolled my eyes and swung my legs over the side. Then I realised there were some people I didn't recognize with my siblings. I cocked my head in confusion at them.

"Um, sorry but who the hell are you?" I asked.

"I'm Annie, and that's Hayley. Oh and that's Caleb." Answered the older looking girl.

"Oh, ok. So why are you here?"

"Because we live next door, and we were swimming when we saw your brothers and sisters. And our mom said to introduce ourselves, so we did. Do you have a problem with that?" the boy answered.

"Calm your titties, I was just asking." I laughed.

"So was I. And please don't swear around Hayley, she's eight."

"No-one asked." I replied, smirking.

"Okay then, maybe we should play a game." Sarai offered. Everyone jumped but me and Caleb were still glaring at each other. Okay, if this boy wants to go, we can go. I stood up and walked inside. Mom told me to take some food out for the kids, making me roll my eyes. I snatched the bowl of chips and packs of water and took them outside.

"Here, my mom said to give it to you." I mumbled, throwing Caleb the bowl. He muttered thanks and sat on the grass.