Dinner Party

Caleb's family had invited us over for dinner but Mom was rushing round making a lasagne because of how many people there was gonna be. She wanted me to wear a dress but I refused, and went with jeans and a crop top instead. I laced up my white converse, slipped my phone into my back pocket and ran downstairs.

"How's my favourite girly?" Dad asked, wrapping an arm around me. I squirmed and attempted to wriggle away but he didn't let go of me until I kissed his cheek.

I walked into the kitchen and picked Lexie up. She was wearing a blue, poofy dress with silver leggings on underneath and her blue flats. Poppie was wearing a white shirt/mint green jumper combo, white jeans and biker boots (which I gave to her) whilst Sarai wore a pink skirt, white top, black cardigan and little white wedges. Luca and Jack were both wearing white polo's and jeans, with a bit off hair gel in whilst Blake wore jean shorts and a yellow polo shirt.

Mom wrapped her lasagne in tin foil and grabbed her bag. We left the house and waited outside for Dad to come. Lexie climbed onto my back which set Mom off.

"Brianna put your sister down right this minute, you're going to crease her new dress!" She scolded.

"It's Brynn! And she'll crease it anyways, leave her mom." I replied, starting to run around. Mom glared at me but I ignored her, and led my siblings to their house.

Blake knocked on the door, and they didn't answer until Mom frantically ran over with Dad. A women answered the door. She was wearing a blue jumper and white jeans. She greeted my parents first, and then asked each of our names. We told her and found out she was called Katie. She eventually realized we were still outside and invited us in. Only Hayley was in the room, sitting on their L-shaped couch.

Hayley was wearing a floral patterned dress and had her curly hair flowing past her shoulders. A man called Annie and Caleb down, and we found out he was called Billy. Annie ran down the stairs and she was wearing a black skirt, black leggings and a yellow top. Then Caleb came up some stairs. He looked good. He was wearing a shirt and black jeans, and his hair was falling around his face. And when he hugged everyone, I could smell his aftershave.

Everyone was outside apart from me and Caleb. He smirked at me and then pulled me into a hug. It shocked me at first and I pulled away.  He looked confused and then annoyed, and stormed outside. I rolled my eyes and went out too. Mom's lasagne was on the table and Billy was at the barbecue. Hayley, Luca, Jack and Sarai were running around playing tag whilst Blake and Annie were sat talking. Poppie was playing on Mom's phone and Lexie was on an iPad. I sat down at the table.

Caleb was opposite me but he was on his phone, which was blowing up. I got up and sat on the same chair. He looked confused at first but then he just smiled and carried on playing on his phone. I peered over his shoulder and saw he was on Instagram. He had like 370k followers.

"Caleb why do you have so many followers?" I asked, curiously. He turned it off and threw it on the table.

"Oh it's nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing." I replied, draping my legs over him. There ended up not being enough chairs anyways so I stayed with Caleb. Everyone exchanged confused glances but I ignored them and ate. Billy's barbeque meat was amazing so I had a few helpings.

When we all finished, all us 'kids' went inside because the adults wanted to have some drinks. Everyone went into the basement but me and Caleb stayed upstairs. I kicked my shoes off and got comfortable. Caleb got us a can of coke each and sat next to me, who was lying across the couch. I sat up to take a sip, and draped my legs over him again.

"You seem to like that." He joked, taking a sip. I tilted my head and smirked at him, making him laugh.

He put some movie on the TV and we wrapped a blanket over our legs to watch. I could fell my eyes closing, but our parents laughter was keeping me awake. It must have been like 11 but they didn't seem to stop. I was drifting off, and I could feel Caleb remove himself from under me. He threw the blanket over my full body and whispered that he's be right back. I murmured an okay but kept my eyes shut and my body still.

I heard him come back in from the outside, and then I felt arms pick me up. I opened my eyes to see we were going downstairs. He pushed a door open which led to a baseball themed room. Caleb's. He was struggling to get me onto the bunk so I climbed out of his arms and stood in front of him.

"And what are you doing, baseball boy?"

"Your mom said that you guys can stay here tonight, but your parents would stay in one room with Lexie and then Poppie and Sarai would sleep in one of the girls room and your bro-" I cut him off by putting a finger to his lips. I stepped back and pulled my top off. His face went pink and his eyes lit up. He was definitely not used to this.

"Can I borrow a shirt or something?" I asked, unzipping my jeans. I removed them so I was stood in my black underwear.

"Yeah, um, so you don't, um, mind changing in front of, um, me?" He stuttered, going to his wardrobe. I shook my head and took the grey top he held to me.

I slipped it on over my head and removed my bra from underneath. Then I took all my stuff and put it onto his chair. He shifted from one foot to the other, looking uncomfortable.

"What? Is it the fact you've just seen me in my bra and pants? Well get over it, I was literally wearing a swimsuit when we met." I laughed, climbing into the bed. I was about to go to sleep when I noticed Caleb getting onto the little couch in his room. "What are you doing? Oh, just get in with me! It's your room. And if you really don't like it, I'll go on the couch." I offered.

He nodded and climbed in next to me.  We rested our heads so that we were facing each other. He bit his bottom lip nervously but it was so attractive. I smiled at him before turning round to face the other way. He didn't do that, he stayed facing me. As he fell asleep, his head fell into my back. It sent shivers down my spine, and to be honest, I liked it.