truth or dare

whilst sydney and i were sat on the deck, i felt a drop of rain. i brought up my concern but she told me it doesn't rain in summer. a few seconds later, she felt it too. and then it got heavier. everyone made their way inside. katie put on a film for the younger kids and gave them blankets. my mom and billy were in the kitchen making them hot chocolates and my dad was sat with the dogs. all the older kids went into the basement and we found ourselves sat in a circle.

"let's play truth or dare!" blake offered. everyone agreed and so he went first. the rule was to ask the person opposite. caleb was opposite blake. "caleb, truth or dare."

"truth." i laughed and muttered that he was a wimp. he quickly changed his mind. "no, dare- i pick dare."

"okay, i dare you to... send a video of yourself to mackenzie ziegler saying you have a crush on her!" i knew he had met her a few weeks ago at a youtube convention, along with other dance mom girls. i also know, from annie and hayley, that they were super close. blake knew i didn't like this; her. fuck you blake. 

"okay." he pulled his phone and started talking to the camera. "hey kenz, sorry if this is out of the blue, but i just wanted to let you know i sort of have a crush on you." he typed in his phone for a little bit and then showed us him press send. at the same time, i head my phone buzz in my pocket. everyone was laughing so they didn't hear it. during annie's dare, i noticed i had a video message from caleb. he was watching me as i figured out what he had done, so i smiled at him.

eventually, it was my turn. i picked dare, and it was luke giving it to me. "i dare you to kiss whoever you want, in the room." 

everyone started whistling. i felt bad. it was obvious by the way he had asked, that he wanted me to kiss him. this isn't me being egotistical, you know when you can just tell. i didn't want to hurt his feelings, but i also didn't want to upset caleb after what he had just done for me. then, i thought caleb would understand what i was doing. he was a compassionate person, he would get my reasoning, if i kissed luke on the cheek.

i rolled my eyes, playfully, and then made my way over to luke. they were sat together, so caleb's eyes also lit up. i lightly pecked luke's cheek. caleb looked shook. i really thought he was going to storm off. instead, he pulled my face to his and kissed my lips. it was very playful, and very obviously his way of telling luke to 'fuck off'. i chuckled at him and squeezed in between him and annie.