Bye Home

Dad ran to the store to get some food which meant mom was left with all seven kids

Dad ran to the store to get some food which meant mom was left with all seven kids. Lexie was running around, throwing her toys into a box. Poppie was neatly folding her clothes and putting them into a bag. Blake and Luca were ripping down their sports posters and wrapping up their trophies. Jack was putting his books into a bin bag and into a box. Sarai was taking things from her draw and binning a lot of it.

I wasn't doing anything. Mom gave up telling me to pack and huffed off to my room to pack for me. I sat on my bed and watched her getting annoyed by my messiness. A smirk was plastered across my face, which made her more mad.

"You know what? You can do it! I'm taking your phone and laptop. Pack!" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes but stood up anyways.

The box she had started was pants/bras/socks. I emptied the drawers out, not caring how unorganized it was. Then I moved onto random. I threw posters, makeup and whatever else in another box. Once filling a third box with shoes, I went over to Poppie who was sorting out all her school stuff. Oh yeah, school. I'd have to ask mom about that. I went into the kitchen/living room to talk to her.

"Hey mom?" I asked. She looked up from a box labelled 'kitchen utensils'.

"What's up now Brynn?" She replied, kind of angry.

"One, calm down. And two, what am I doing about school?"

"Don't tell me to calm down missy, and school. Well because of the trouble you've stirred at West Lake, it was practically impossible to find a school willing to accept you. One school did, Carter Academy. But I have a feeling you would terror the place so your father and I looked into online school." She said, folding up some tea towels and placing them on top of the plates.

"Home-school? Like what freaks who get bullied and scared of schools? Wow, you must think so high of me! Note the sarcasm." I added. She rolled her eyes and threw me a bag of cutlery. "Trying to stab me are we?"

"Go and pack Brynn! Leave me alone, you're giving me a headache!" She shouted. I stormed off, wondering why a normal conversation turned into an argument yet again. I packed a bit more and took the cover off my duvet.

Apparently we were going in two days which means I wouldn't have to go back to school. I strolled to the back yard and threw Pippa's tennis ball. She chased it and brought it back to me like the good girl she is. And I started to think, maybe Maryland won't be that bad.